AMX-13 in Lebanon
freddietello
Visit this Community
Alicante, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 11:49 AM UTC
Hello friends

I would like to show you one of the 4 models I built for the recent Blue Steel 5 AMX-13 in Lebanon book. The book is about how to use very simple painting techniques for novel modellers to achieve the heavily rusted and weathered look of military vehicles. For these articles I used the new Takom kits that has been an excellent relief for the ancient Heller one. Takom makes 3 different versions of this little tank and is announcing some new and interesting different versions, like the prototype with the M-24 Chaffee turret.
Here are some photos of the model with the 75mm gun that I made to illustrate the first gallery of the book that shows many AMX-13 of different versions parked at a Lebanese army depot, the gallery pictures belong to Sam Assad, the other half and author of the book.
This model represents one of the AMX-13 that were provided by Israel, thus the sand colour camouflage over the original French Green colour. Both paint layers are completely worn and spoiled due to decades at the open under the intense Mediterranean sun.
I hope you like the pictures, you can download some sample pages of the book at www.bluesteelseries.com

ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:13 PM UTC
Wow! Well done sir!
davejr
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:29 PM UTC
Very nice ! Was it built oob?
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 08:19 PM UTC
WOW !!!! it guys like you that make me almost want to quit trying great work my friend
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 07:04 AM UTC
Wow, one if the best weathering job I have seen.
 _GOTOTOP