_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MiniArt: Su 122 Early
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 11:53 PM UTC

MiniArt it would seem has been asked a lot of questions about their Su 122 with interior. The basis of the question is can we expect a kit minus the interior; MiniArt answer the question.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:31 AM UTC
Great idea.....
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 01:21 AM UTC
Funny, but the Early kit shows the hatch open, LOL! Will some of the early kits have interiors?
ULIX-VM
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 834 posts
Armorama: 649 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 02:36 AM UTC
the tamiya version is better.'
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the tamiya version is better.

Please explain why you think so. Miniart kits are very nice in my experience. And I don't even see a Tamiya SU-122 listed.
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 04:10 AM UTC
Wish this would catch on, selling multiple versions with options or the Tamiya way of selling add ones. Everyone can be happy then. Guess problem is having multiple products to keep as inventory then.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Funny, but the Early kit shows the hatch open, LOL! Will some of the early kits have interiors?

Yes, Bill- The MINIART SU-122s (and subsequent kits, such as the SU-85) will be made available WITH and WITHOUT Interiors. According to MINIART, the kits' boxes will will be plainly marked "Contains Interior Kit", or something to that effect. CYBERMODELLER also posted an "update" pertaining to this question in today's "What's New" column, 6/25/16...

Would be nice to see their T-44/T-44Ms made available in the same fashion. I hope that MINIART will expand their line of 1/35 Armor with these features...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

the tamiya version is better.

Please explain why you think so. Miniart kits are very nice in my experience. And I don't even see a Tamiya SU-122 listed.

TAMIYA made the SU-122 years ago; 1970s-1990s, I believe. They're still available on ebay, but why bother if one can get the more advanced MINIART kits? I'm not sure if they ever re-released this kit, and if they did, I imagine that TAMIYA's sales of this old kit will trail off drastically...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 10:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How can you POSSIBLY make such an assumption? Have you actually obtained a MINIART SU-122 in order to make an objective comparison to the old TAMIYA SU-122 DINOSAUR?!?

I fail to see exactly HOW the TAMIYA SU-122 kit could in any way be "better" than the new MINIART kit!!!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would be so helpful as to explain what exactly makes you think this?
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 08:42 PM UTC
ULIX-VM - your comment made me laugh so hard. Brilliant. These new Miniart kits put Tamiya's version to shame.
I have to hand it to Miniart though for filling such a huge hole that was obvious. Tamiya had the only SU-122 kit on the market, so I don't understand how Dragon didn't see the hole & fill it as well?
Dragon still could but they will have big shoes to fill with this Miniart Su-122 line.But, I believe Dragon die hard fans will buy it either way.
Unless another company attempts it. But it would have to be a pretty reputable company.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 01:18 AM UTC
Still waiting for some kind of explanation on why you prefer the Tamiya kit Ulises...
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 04:49 PM UTC
Well whether our colleague had a touch of kit-maker's Tourette's or actually has some evidence that there's something amiss with Mini-art's version before it hits the streets, I would like to wave the flag - well a small pennant at least - for Tamiya's dinosaur. With some minor add-ons it still scrubs up quite well...

Anyone have an update on Mini-art's release date?

bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 07:59 PM UTC
Tamiya has its defenders, and in general their kits "fall together" or "build themselves." That doesn't mean they don't leave some important details off these self-building kits, but for many modelers, ease trumps accuracy, and I get that.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 - 04:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tamiya has its defenders, and in general their kits "fall together" or "build themselves." That doesn't mean they don't leave some important details off these self-building kits, but for many modelers, ease trumps accuracy, and I get that.

I get it that TAMIYA's kits generally "fall together"; some of them only require "a shake of the box", and PRESTO! A completed model! There ARE exceptions, of course- Their 1/48 Lancaster and Meteor kits come to mind...

Nevertheless, just because a kit is simpler and goes together well, doesn't make it "better", IMO. I will concede that there are A LOT of models out there manufactured by companies who could stand a few lessons from TAMIYA's Engineering Department!

Kraftstoff
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ULIX-VM..... Who is this guy?
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 22:35:00 (GMT).
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 05:16 AM UTC
If you're annoyed with what he's saying (or doesn't say), it's easier to just block him. He doesn't really say very much with any substance nor provides any clarification or expansion on what he says. It's best to just block and ignore him. This sounds harsh but I think that's just what it boils down to.

Back on topic, I will definitely be looking at this. I prefer interior-less models as it's easier for me.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 07:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you're annoyed with what he's saying (or doesn't say), it's easier to just block him. He doesn't really say very much with any substance nor provides any clarification or expansion on what he says. It's best to just block and ignore him. This sounds harsh but I think that's just what it boils down to.

Back on topic, I will definitely be looking at this. I prefer interior-less models as it's easier for me.

Well, if he likes the old TAMIYA kits more than the new stuff that's hitting the shelves, more power to him! Personally, I just don't understand why he says the TAMIYA SU-122 is "better". But ENOUGH of that.

I will probably opt for the "Interior-less" kits, myself; I don't enter contests or competitions, and I really don't build dioramas, because space has become an issue for me. Half the time, I build my tanks "buttoned up", a la "Tank Museum-style", and a good portion of the time, I will only add what can be seen through the hatches when crewmen are in place, since I almost NEVER "crack my tanks open"- Less chance of damaging my work, that way. I DO however, have a "couple-three" tanks (Yes, an M4 and an M4A1, an M5A1, and an Abrams!) that I built with complete interiors, just to show that I'm capable of doing it. Since all of my stuff is displayed behind glass, in my own case, I really don't care much if a model has an interior included or not...
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 10:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKKjJuujSs
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKKjJuujSs

Removed by original poster on 07/07/16 - 04:54:22 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP