_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/48 LVT2
AmTrac1833
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 376 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 04:27 AM UTC
A couple firsts for me here:
1: first all resin armor kit I’m attempting, and
2: first 1/48 armor kit I’m attempting (less significant than bullet 1)

So far so good I think. I’ve decided I’m not a fan of all-resin kits and will stick to injection kits with resin detail parts after this. Unless another LVT pops up of course!
It isn’t proving too challenging, just a lot of effort to prep the pieces for assembly. Overall, it is going together well. My only SNAFU thus far is a missing suspension/road wheel. They are well molded and I will attempt to duplicate one by using one of these as a mold. I sanded off the “windows” that were molded on to represent the forward vision/escape hatches. No big deal; I will add a slab of flat armor with couple slits to hide that issue. So far, the only thing cemented in place is all the starboard suspension, idler mount, dirt guard and support rollers. Everything else is merely fitted together to reduce the space it occupys on my hobby desk. It seems to be the perfect size to me. Wish more manufacturers would jump on the 1/48 armor train.

AmTrac1833
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 07:43 AM UTC
Got the interior painted and mostly weathered. Still needs streaking rust and dirt/dust. All of the running gear is affixed to the hull, except for the aft two road wheels on port. One kept off to use as mold to replace the missing kit piece.

AmTrac1833
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 03:46 AM UTC
Calling an end to this one. It did not survive a bit of heavy handedness followed by a bit of aggravation. Will have to make a go at a resin kit later.

However, still wanting to do an LVT2 I cracked another kit from the stash. This will be a Dragon LVT(A)4 converted into an LVT(A)2.
 _GOTOTOP