_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Alpine: US 3rd Armored Div & Battle of Kharkov
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:04 AM UTC

Taesung Harmms from Alpine Miniatures shows us his figure releases for August 2016. Check out the US tank crew in 1/35 scale and a LSSAH from Kharkov in 1/16 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:08 AM UTC
What makes them particular to the 3rd?
taesung
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 02:10 AM UTC
It's so small, you can't quite see it in the pics. But there's #3 on the sleeve patch.
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 06:53 AM UTC
I can see. Hardly noticable, but they're there. Any specific time of the war theyre supposed to be in? Looks like an Easy 8 behind them but can't tell. Just curious. Nice job on all 3 Taesung
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:12 AM UTC
The corporal figure (#35217) can be used in a scene in mid/late 44 and on because of the M3 grease gun.
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:14 AM UTC
The staff sergeant figure(#35218) can be used for Normandy and on, I would say...
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:57 AM UTC
The tankers are very nicely sculptured and painted.

They will go well in group gathering of tankers.
They are a must have set.

Michael
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's so small, you can't quite see it in the pics. But there's #3 on the sleeve patch.

THANK YOU Taesung! The 3rd Armored figures are DEFINITELY on my "To Buy" List. Those modellers who wish to use these figures to represent other WWII US Armored units can easily do so. As Taesung says, the "3" is barely noticeable.

I also like the fact that the Staff Sergeant is wearing the 12-inch M1938 "Dismounted Troops" Leggings, with 9 eyelets. The Corporal is wearing the shorter version, with 8 eyelets. Taesung, PLEASE, can we have US Infantry wearing the M1938 Leggings and "Parsons" Combat Jackets? So MANY US GIs wore these items in Northern Europe, (France, 1944, and up to the end of the war in Europe) and all through the various campaigns in North Africa, Sicily and Italy, as well as in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. US Marines wore the M1938 Leggings throughout WWII, albeit many times they wore their Dungaree Trousers (HBT) "unbloused", as well...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:48 PM UTC
More outstanding releases! It never ends!
J
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:42 PM UTC
Thank you all for the comments!
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC
M4A1Sherman, I'm glad you noticed the attention went into the different leggings. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll consider the Parsons jacket/leggings combo next time.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

M4A1Sherman, I'm glad you noticed the attention went into the different leggings. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll consider the Parsons jacket/leggings combo next time.

You're Very Welcome!

I have other ideas for WWII US GIs, Europe, late Spring, 1944-May, 1945:

Waiting on a Chow Line,

Rifle Squad "On Patrol",

Rifle Squad "At Rest", reading or writing letters, eating, drinking, sleeping, engaged in conversation with other GIs. or maybe even talking up a young "Mam'selle", or "Fraulein", or even cleaning weapons,

Ditto, for US WWII Tank Crews,

Rifle Squad, "On the March"

Rifle Squad, "Advancing cautiously", as if going "House-to-house",

Proper Medics- WITHOUT the German-style "Red Cross" Vests, as SOME manufacturers make them; "At Work", working on wounded GIs, and also in casual poses, perhaps "talking up a Nurse",

Officers, NCOs and Enlisted Men in various "Dress" Uniforms, in casual poses, or perhaps "sightseeing" in London or Paris, for example,

The same goes for British Tommies- We have every conceivable scenario for German Heer and Waffen SS troops- I think it only fair to accord the same kind of attention to US and Allied Servicemen and Women...

A goodly portion of the same scenarios as above for US Marines, except for the "Mam'selles", "Frauleins", London & Paris- However, the Marines can also be depicted "On Liberty" in Hawaii, or some other "peaceful situation", such as in San Diego or San Francisco, Australia, or New Zealand...

Speaking of which, there is a decided LACK of Australians and New Zealanders (ANZACS) on the market today- this is decidedly unfair, as ANZACS served with distinction and pride all over the world...

Lastly, US and Allied Naval Personnel, in their various Uniforms, in "Whites", "Blues" and working attire. Sailors have been virtually ignored by the manufacturers- they are represented in the smallest fractions, as compared to the fighting men of "land forces"...

Pleeeease...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're Very Welcome!

Waiting on a Chow Line,

Rifle Squad "On Patrol",

Rifle Squad "At Rest", reading or writing letters, eating, drinking, sleeping, engaged in conversation with other GIs. or maybe even talking up a young "Mam'selle", or "Fraulein", or even cleaning weapons,

Proper Medics- WITHOUT the German-style "Red Cross" Vests, as SOME manufacturers make them; "At Work", working on wounded GIs, and also in casual poses, perhaps "talking up a Nurse",

Officers, NCOs and Enlisted Men in various "Dress" Uniforms, in casual poses, or perhaps "sightseeing" in London or Paris, for example,

The same goes for British Tommies- We have every conceivable scenario for German Heer and Waffen SS troops- I think it only fair to accord the same kind of attention to US and Allied Servicemen and Women...

A goodly portion of the same scenarios as above for US Marines, except for the "Mam'selles", "Frauleins", London & Paris- However, the Marines can also be depicted "On Liberty" in Hawaii, or some other "peaceful situation", such as in San Diego or San Francisco, Australia, or New Zealand...

Speaking of which, there is a decided LACK of Australians and New Zealanders (ANZACS) on the market today- this is decidedly unfair, as ANZACS served with distinction and pride all over the world...

Lastly, US and Allied Naval Personnel, in their various Uniforms, in "Whites", "Blues" and working attire. Sailors have been virtually ignored by the manufacturers- they are represented in the smallest fractions, as compared to the fighting men of "land forces"...

Pleeeease...

ditto!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 04:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're Very Welcome!

Waiting on a Chow Line,

Rifle Squad "On Patrol",

Pleeeease...

ditto!

THANKS, Jerry!

Anyone notice that the Staff Sergeant is wearing either the M1943 HBT (Herringbone Twill) Trousers, or the M1938 First Pattern HBT Suit, (it's difficult to tell which, because his Winter Combat Jacket, ("Tanker's Jacket"), is zipped up, while the Corporal is wearing Second Pattern HBT Suit (Coveralls) with Patch Pockets. The Sergeant is also wearing what appears to be the standard OD Wool Shirt, perhaps for extra warmth over his coveralls..? The Sergeant, (I'm assuming that he is the TC), is also wearing the (BEAUTIFULLY RENDERED, Taesung!), Leather Shoulder Holster, and the obligatory M1911 .45ACP Pistol. The Corporal's M3 "Grease Gun" is also a very nice touch. US Armored Vehicles were originally equipped with either M1928 or M1 Thompson Sub-machine Guns, but they proved to be too bulky for practical use. These were supplanted by the "Grease Guns", but some Crews still preferred their Thompsons, or in some other cases, M1 Carbines. The M3s had a really slow rate of fire, and due to their extremely short Barrel, pretty limited accuracy...

It must be Autumn in Europe, evidenced by the "Easy Eight" in the background, and the fact that the Tankers are wearing their Winter Combat Jackets, which featured an OD wool lining. The Summer/Autumn/Winter of 1944-1945 were of the coldest on record in Europe in a hundred years; everyone must have been miserable, Civilians, US/Allies & Germans, alike...

PS- It would also be nice to see GIs in Pre-1942 clothing and gear, i.e, the WWI-style "Kelly" Helmets, M1938 12-inch Leggings with Service Shoes, and in both OD Wool Uniforms, and Khaki Cotton Twill Summer-weight Trousers and Shirts. Also, Blue Denim Work Shirts and Trousers, with "Daisy Mae" caps in Blue Denim and/or HBT...
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:47 AM UTC
Wow… you know what you're talking about! I'd better pay attention to detail next time I make US figures…!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 01:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow… you know what you're talking about! I'd better pay attention to detail next time I make US figures…!

Thank You, Taesung!

BTW, I was just commenting on the very accurate clothing that these two BEAUTIFULLY DONE US Tankers are wearing. ALL the details are entirely correct.

US Tankers were also issued the smaller double-lensed Resistol Goggles, US-made double-lensed Goggles with the Canadian War Department Cypher, and later, with the M1944 single-lensed Goggles, (as the Sergeant is wearing), which incidentally, were also issued to Pilots serving in the USAAF, US Naval Aviation, and US Marine Corps...

Tanker Helmets were made by several manufacturers of US Football Helmets, Rawlings being one of them. These two Tankers are wearing the M1942 Armored Forces Helmets. Previously, US Tankers wore a helmet that was similar, but had a thick rubber band entirely surrounding the helmet for extra protection...

Webbed Pistol Belts and Pouches were identical to those issued to US Infantry...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're Very Welcome!

Waiting on a Chow Line,

Rifle Squad "On Patrol",

Pleeeease...

ditto!

THANKS, Jerry!

Anyone notice that the Staff Sergeant is wearing either the M1943 HBT (Herringbone Twill) Trousers, or the M1938 First Pattern HBT Suit, (it's difficult to tell which, because his Winter Combat Jacket, ("Tanker's Jacket"), is zipped up, while the Corporal is wearing Second Pattern HBT Suit (Coveralls) with Patch Pockets. The Sergeant is also wearing what appears to be the standard OD Wool Shirt, perhaps for extra warmth over his coveralls..? The Sergeant, (I'm assuming that he is the TC), is also wearing the (BEAUTIFULLY RENDERED, Taesung!), Leather Shoulder Holster, and the obligatory M1911 .45ACP Pistol. The Corporal's M3 "Grease Gun" is also a very nice touch. US Armored Vehicles were originally equipped with either M1928 or M1 Thompson Sub-machine Guns, but they proved to be too bulky for practical use. These were supplanted by the "Grease Guns", but some Crews still preferred their Thompsons, or in some other cases, M1 Carbines. The M3s had a really slow rate of fire, and due to their extremely short Barrel, pretty limited accuracy...

It must be Autumn in Europe, evidenced by the "Easy Eight" in the background, and the fact that the Tankers are wearing their Winter Combat Jackets, which featured an OD wool lining. The Summer/Autumn/Winter of 1944-1945 were of the coldest on record in Europe in a hundred years; everyone must have been miserable, Civilians, US/Allies & Germans, alike...

PS- It would also be nice to see GIs in Pre-1942 clothing and gear, i.e, the WWI-style "Kelly" Helmets, M1938 12-inch Leggings with Service Shoes, and in both OD Wool Uniforms, and Khaki Cotton Twill Summer-weight Trousers and Shirts. Also, Blue Denim Work Shirts and Trousers, with "Daisy Mae" caps in Blue Denim and/or HBT...

Ditto again. Specially on the early war stuff. I had quite a time altering my Wake Island figs.
J
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is that a decal included with the figure, or sculpted-on? I wish more resin figures would come with uniform patches.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Is that a decal included with the figure, or sculpted-on? I wish more resin figures would come with uniform patches.

Hi, Bill!

You've got THAT right!

I remember your LVTP5A1 build! GREAT JOB! If you ever do another Vietnam dio, and you decide to use BRAVO-6 figures, there are a number of them that DO include decals to represent different Units, Ranks, Insignia, etc.

ARCHER makes several really nice dry-transfer sheets for US, British, German and other nations that feature Units and Ranks, etc. TAMIYA does, too. The name of the manufacturers escape me at the moment, but there are several decal sheets from different aftermarket manufacturers that make really nice ones!
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:09 PM UTC
The patch is sculpted. No decals...
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 01:43 AM UTC
Taesung, it looks like you hit the "nail right on the head" with your latest offering. Some good looking figures for my next Sherman.
Since a lot of folks are posting their wishes I'm going to post mine. I have Trumpeter's 1/16th T34 and no Russian tank crewman to pose for scale with it. How about one of those for your next large scale sculpt ? Original plan was to place the German MG Team, #16020 & 16023 with it. Open up the engine hatches to give the impression of a mechanical problem and a abandoned tank. Just my selfish request......
Thanks for all the great work you do !

Tom
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:02 PM UTC
Guys, Thanks again for the comments and suggestions!
taesung
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:03 PM UTC
Tom, I do have a 1/16 WW2 Russian Tank Officer (#16002)
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Taesung, it looks like you hit the "nail right on the head" with your latest offering. Some good looking figures for my next Sherman.
Since a lot of folks are posting their wishes I'm going to post mine. I have Trumpeter's 1/16th T34 and no Russian tank crewman to pose for scale with it. How about one of those for your next large scale sculpt ? Original plan was to place the German MG Team, #16020 & 16023 with it. Open up the engine hatches to give the impression of a mechanical problem and a abandoned tank. Just my selfish request......
Thanks for all the great work you do !

Tom

Hi, Tom!

Re: Your "quote" at the bottom left of your Page-

THAT sounds like MY BENCHES! (Yes, that's plural- I'm lucky in that I have 4 work-benches...

PS- There is NOTHING WRONG with building "wing-things"!!! Besides my 1/35 stuff, I build 1/48 Military and Civilian Aircraft, 1/48-120mm Figures, 1/24-1/25 Classic Cars and Modifieds, HO Steam Locomotives and Trains, and the occasional 1/350 Ship. Also, there's my one 1/144 REVELL Fletcher-Class DD...
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:17 PM UTC
Morning Dennis,
It's good to be diversified. It keeps your skill set well rounded. 4 work benches, WOW! I've just the one or maybe 1.5 benches (an old microwave cart for the spray booth).
The figures have changed a bit and so has the wing thing. I have added a ship to the mix, Trumpeter's 1/700, HMS Barham, my family's last name.
ANYWAY, a bit off subject......SORRY!
Taesung, I did look at #16002. Looks too much officer like. What I'm hunting for is a tanker in coveralls, padded helmet. I've also thought about turning it into a Beute T-34 and place a German tanker in the scene.
But, thank you very much for the suggestion AND all the great figures you've released !
Tom
 _GOTOTOP