_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Canadian Armor
Discuss all types of Canadian Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Korean War M4A3E8 'Cheetah'
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:48 PM UTC
It's been a long time since I had anything worth showing here. It's Italeri's 'Fury' kit with Star Decals markings for Lord Strathcona's Horse, Imjin 1951. I know the aerials need replacing, but I was glad to actually finish my first model since getting my cataracts fixed!

ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:03 AM UTC
Thanks for posting Dave. Can I share some advice?

1) when you apply your wash to your wheels, lay the model on its side. Your wash pooled at the 6 o'clock of the hubs. By laying it on its side, the was would have pooled towards the hub

2) The loader's hatch should lay flat. There was no prop or spring mechanism to have it at an angle as you have it.

3) On the tail lights, only the upper left oval lens was red. Below it was a black rectangualr slit. On the right side, there were two black slits.

4) The engine crank on the rear is a mistake by Italeri (Don't worry, DML and Tamiya make the same mistake). That crank was only used on the radial engined Shermans.

Hope these help.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:43 PM UTC
Thanks Eric

All things I should have seen myself (doh!), after all I've made dozens of Shermans over the years and I'm not lacking references.

I was just pleased to actually finish something after a long time waiting for operations on both eyes.

Hopefully the Korean War Centurion and up-to-date Chally 2 that are up next will be an improvement
 _GOTOTOP