_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Large Scale
1/16 and Larger Armor Modeling
Hosted by Darren Baker
Zimmerit For Trumpeter 00922 Pz.Beob.Wg. IV?
Ringleheim
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 - 08:58 AM UTC
The photos of Trumpeter's Panzer Beobachtungwagen IV (kit 00922) seem to show that this model is loosely based on an early production Ausf. J model.

So this model would need zimmerit.

Does anyone know if the Atak zimmerit for the Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV Ausf. H would work on the Ausf. J kit?

Are there any other zimmerit sets on the market right now?

Thanks!

OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2,663 posts
Armorama: 2,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The photos of Trumpeter's Panzer Beobachtungwagen IV (kit 00922) seem to show that this model is loosely based on an early production Ausf. J model.

Does anyone know if the Atak zimmerit for the Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV Ausf. H would work on the Ausf. J kit?

Thanks!

Either of the two 1/16th. scale panzer IV zimmerit sets from Attack should work .
You really need the Zimmerit for any Mk.IV from Middle/ Early to the late model.
If it was the final production model you could probably skip it.
Of the two Zimmerit sets one of them has the zimmerit for the side skirts. I dout if this was widely used.
There is a H model currently being built here, or you could check the large Scale section.
Hope this helps.
Donald
Ringleheim
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks!

Either of the two 1/16th. scale panzer IV zimmerit sets from Attack should work .
You really need the Zimmerit for any Mk.IV from Middle/ Early to the late model.
If it was the final production model you could probably skip it.
Of the two Zimmerit sets one of them has the zimmerit for the side skirts. I dout if this was widely used.
There is a H model currently being built here, or you could check the large Scale section.
Hope this helps.
Donald

Thanks Donald! I've read all your 1/16 build threads, by the way, and enjoyed them all.

I know you have built the J and the H with the Atak zimmerit...so your opinion is much appreciated.

_GOTOTOP