_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Need Help Finding Tracks
Charleygnarlyp290
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:24 AM UTC
I am building the Academy M4A3 Sherman with T-34 rocket launcher. The kit comes with the strip-type (vinyl, rubber band, whatever you want to call them), and since this is a US tank that has no sag, I don't mind. However, it is the wrong type of track. I need T54E1 type tracks with duckbills.
I am OK with indy link, or the vinyl strip type, but I can't find them anywhere. I found some on ebay from China, but they take forever to get here.
Any suggestions!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:54 AM UTC
I am using Kaizen T54E1 tracks on my current build. Try:

https://www.mmodelstore.com/kaizen-135scale.aspx

They are the only US seller I could find that has these tracks available right now. They also have the end connectors.

Maybe someone here has a set of DS tracks that will work.
Charleygnarlyp290
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 06:35 PM UTC
Randall, take a look at this photo. This is what I am wanting to replicate, so DS tracks might be better since they will be virtually invisible under all this mud... but those Kaizen tracks look really good, so I might just back way off on the mud and do the Kaizens.
I got some Kaizen panther tracks an really liked them, so using them again would be great.
Thanks for the tip!
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 07:46 PM UTC
An old reliable Sherman tank track option is www.shermantracks.com -- the old RHPS stuff plus new products. I've used them on my last three Sherman-related tanks, an M4A3 76W VVS, an M7B2 and this M32B1

http://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/29051

Panda makes an additional duckbill set (like Kaizen)
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

An old reliable Sherman tank track option is www.shermantracks.com -- the old RHPS stuff plus new products. I've used them on my last three Sherman-related tanks, an M4A3 76W VVS, an M7B2 and this M32B1

http://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/29051

Panda makes an additional duckbill set (like Kaizen)

I forgot about the Panda tracks. I do have these, and the Bronco sets. Panda tracks do assemble well and the fit was good on the set I used on a Tamiya M4A3. It's just that after tinkering with the Kaizen tracks I liked the metal pinned links a bit better.

Nice looking M32.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 12:40 AM UTC
If you don't mind DS tracks Cyberhobby markets them as a seperate kit. Modelkasten ones are somewhat intricate but very cheap, I got mine on Amazon for twelve bucks.
Charleygnarlyp290
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:30 PM UTC
Thanks for all of the replies. After a bit of research I ended up going with the Kaizen tracks. I have used them before and like them, but was unable to find a place to get them.
 _GOTOTOP