_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Dragon: Panzerbefehlswagen Panther
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:27 AM UTC

Dragon has announced for October a new Panzerbefehlswagen V Panther Ausf.G, a command vehicle based on the Panther Ausf. G.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 04:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dragon has announced for October a new Panzerbefehlswagen V Panther Ausf.G, a command vehicle based on the Panther Ausf. G.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

UGH! "DS" Tracks! Sounds like this new Panther kit will be a good candidate for aftermarket Tracks...
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 04:55 PM UTC
Probably Takom would release full interior panther kit series. I ordered it's new KT today.
slug955
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 07:43 PM UTC
Spend my model budget on another regurgitated Panther? No I will wait to see what the new kids on the block will offer.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 09:43 PM UTC
I'm sure that this one is a re-release of the Cyber Hobby Befehls Panther G kit CH6551. Which in turn was, I believe, the Dragon Panther G SmartKit 6268 with added bits for the different antenna systems and the modified gun-mantlet that may or may not have "graced" any of the 330 or so A and G Panthers which were built up as "Befehls Panthers".

The original CH kit is a great kitty kit, and it came with Magic Tracks and PE and clear periscopes, etc.

The version is real, the version is NOT some odd one-off but actually an important and fairly common variant. And one had (probably still will have) the option of doing a straight-up earlier Panther G or the targeted command version. You will have to add on the zimm (if you seek maximal accuracy) - most likely this earlier G had zimm, as all A and all G built before SEP 1944 came with zimm from the factory. And, if you want them, you'll need to add the schurzen as well - the CH kit lacked this known G feature, and probably this re-release will follow the leader on that. And, if you are like me and feel your gorge rise at the thought of DS tracks... Well, I guess it'll be get some AM links for you, too! But that's the way the D has gone.

It is an important and kinda interesting variation, and if you missed the now-rare original CH kit... This one probably will fill the bill OK and put a befehls-kitty into your stash after all.... And IF you are really a builder as versus mostly a buyer ( ),you'll end up with a nice kitty on the shelf, too!

But those DS tracks... That has to STOP.

Bob
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 02:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sure that this one is a re-release of the Cyber Hobby Befehls Panther G kit CH6551. Which in turn was, I believe, the Dragon Panther G SmartKit 6268 with added bits for the different antenna systems and the modified gun-mantlet that may or may not have "graced" any of the 330 or so A and G Panthers which were built up as "Befehls Panthers".

The original CH kit is a great kitty kit, and it came with Magic Tracks and PE and clear periscopes, etc.

The version is real, the version is NOT some odd one-off but actually an important and fairly common variant. And one had (probably still will have) the option of doing a straight-up earlier Panther G or the targeted command version. You will have to add on the zimm (if you seek maximal accuracy) - most likely this earlier G had zimm, as all A and all G built before SEP 1944 came with zimm from the factory. And, if you want them, you'll need to add the schurzen as well - the CH kit lacked this known G feature, and probably this re-release will follow the leader on that. And, if you are like me and feel your gorge rise at the thought of DS tracks... Well, I guess it'll be get some AM links for you, too! But that's the way the D has gone.

It is an important and kinda interesting variation, and if you missed the now-rare original CH kit... This one probably will fill the bill OK and put a befehls-kitty into your stash after all.... And IF you are really a builder as versus mostly a buyer ( ),you'll end up with a nice kitty on the shelf, too!

But those DS tracks... That has to STOP.

Bob

My kitty, (she's real; a Maine Coon), parks herself wherever she pleases... THAT'S WHY all my completed efforts are displayed behind glass!!!
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 04:30 AM UTC
Yeah.... I have a real "befehls-kitty" too - an overly-opinionated and full-of-herself orange tabby part-manx stump-tailed sort. But we have worked out a bribery-based agreement; she stays out of the model-shelves and I feed her about 10x the cat-treats as normal cats get!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 04:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah.... I have a real "befehls-kitty" too - an overly-opinionated and full-of-herself orange tabby part-manx stump-tailed sort. But we have worked out a bribery-based agreement; she stays out of the model-shelves and I feed her about 10x the cat-treats as normal cats get!

I can TOTALLY RELATE to the "bribery"- I spend a small fortune on her for treats every week, but she's worth it! I couldn't ask for a more loyal and affectionate pet!
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:38 PM UTC
I for one really like the look of the command variants. If this proves to be easier to find than the Cyberhobby option I'll gladly buy it. Provided I don't have to take out a bank loan to do so....
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I for one really like the look of the command variants. If this proves to be easier to find than the Cyberhobby option I'll gladly buy it. Provided I don't have to take out a bank loan to do so....

RETAIL prices on some of the latest DRAGON Panzers run in the $70-80 dollar range. If I were you, I'd wait a few months. Once the furor dies down over any new kit's release, you can still buy DRAGON stuff for (in this day and age, anyway) "decent" 21st Century money, i.e, $50 bucks, give or take...

I'm not exactly happy about the pricing of today's plastic model kits, but that's the way it is, so I deal with it as I see fit...

What else can one do..?
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 08:11 AM UTC
Or wait and see if it goes on sale at dragonusaonline.com

I have bought a ton of stuff from there by waiting until it hits the 50% off sales.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Or wait and see if it goes on sale at dragonusaonline.com

I have bought a ton of stuff from there by waiting until it hits the 50% off sales.

You beat me to it! You can rest absolutely assured that the high new-release price will fold and drop as other new stuff comes out, and more so if it proves less-than-popular, and it will appear on on-line sales events. I always wait until the new stuff settles down in price. And it's always still just as new to me even if I buy it several months later than the impatient guys get it!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP