_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M911 8x6 HET - 1/35 by MinimanFactory
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 240 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:35 PM UTC
Oshkosh M911 (C-HET) 8x6 - the brand new kit from Miniman Factory from Hungary. A great 1/35 multimedia kit of this fantastic big beast of the US Army. It is the only kit of this monster on the market.
The kit is consisting of resin parts, some photo etched parts, clear foil for the windows and a very good manual.

My first work when working with Resin kits is cleaning every part under water, with some good cleaner inside. I have removed the sprues/waste also in wet condition of the parts. After having removed all not needed resin I have cleaned and sanded each part under water, then I have washed all parts once again to give it a "flowerish smell"
I always do that to avoid resin dust when working on the kit later.... here are the parts drying ....

At first step I have glued together the axles, added some first details to it. The suspension of the front and rear two axles was put together and installed to the frame without glue. Then I have put it on a even ground and added glue to each axle. Now the truck will stand with all wheels on the floor later. After that I have added further parts to the frame. Gear, drive shaft, some tanks (not glued yet) and further parts on the axles.
The first axle of the rear three was a liftable axle. I will show it in a raised position as this is one of the most interesting things at this truck. I have installed this next....

So far for now ....

Cheers
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 07:00 PM UTC
Hello,

the frame is ready for painting Some further parts added such as the tanks, steps, mesh, front fenders and some parts more.
A detailed wiring is not necessary as there won't be anything visible later due to the parts following on top of the frame.

Also the engine is mostly finished. One etched parts is a skewed and needs some repairing. Some further pipes will follow later when then engine is installed in the frame of the truck.

Cheers
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:22 PM UTC
Hello,

some updates of the M911 HETs.

The frame was finished, received some fuel pipes at the tanks. After finishing I have black primered the frame, the wheels and the engine as a base for the final painting.

The engine and one wheel was painted in Nato-Green, then the details at the engine painted in silver, black and dark rust, then washing with a dark grey/brown oil color wash.

The frame and the other wheels were first painted in Tamiya Dark Yellow, then brushed with Tamiya Buff. Buff is the main color of the painting, the dark yellow is for the shadows.

All the scratches and damages on the wheels and on the frame were made with a dark grey color and a sponge and a thin pencil.A brown/yellow oil color wash followed.

The tires wre painted in Nato-Black, the rims were masked with a cap of some color bottles Then washed with beige color to show some dusted look on the wheel.

On the pictures the wheels are only loose, not glued yet.

Next I will add some leaking oil and dust on the parts .... then glue the wheels

Cheers

Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:30 PM UTC
Hello,

the chassis is finished. All the wheels are mounted, only the center parts of the rims are still missing here. The exhaust pipes are included, painted in black and rusty colors. Some rusty shades of darker color will follow with pigments.

The cab was painted in Nato green inside, then weathered and masked. All the small parts of the exterieur were added before painting as far as possible. Then the exterieur got painted in black (primer), then dark yellow and Tamiya's buff. The black marking on the doors and the window frames were painted next.
The weathering started with brown, beige and white oil colors.

In the meantime the double winches behind the cab were finished, primered and painted in the same way as the cab, as well as the other parts.

Next I will add the window foil, then the interior, then I will mount everything on the chassis ....

Cheers

Micha
Taylornic
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 337 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:55 PM UTC
Very nice!
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:33 PM UTC
The chassis looks absolutely GREAT! I usually want to stop right there cause I hate to cover up all that great detail.

Interesting, the HET uses (more or less) the same engine and transmission as the HEMTT.
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:40 PM UTC
Hello @ All,

Want to show you some pictures of my finished Oshkosh M911 8x6 C-Het in scale 1/35.

The kit is coming from the Hungarian manufacturer MinimanFactory and consists of several highest quality Resin parts, photo etched parts and clear foil for the windows.
Construction is nearly the same way as a "standart" plastic kit ... very good fitting, great details and a "real beast" once finished....

Hope that you like it!

Cheers
Micha
davejr
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC
Wow ! Excellent work , looks like it's a great kit. Any issues with it?
Ironclaw
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:16 PM UTC
Wow!!!
all I can say is presentations like yours really inspire me to continue to improve my own modeling skill set as I see how these models are something special when properly built/painted etc.
Outstanding work to both your skills and to the care of the kitmaker in it`s design.
Thanks for sharing this Micha!
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:42 PM UTC
Thanks a lot!
The kit is fantastic. Only a little bit of cleaning necessary, nearly no sanding, fit is perfect .. nearly as a standart plastic kit Absolutly recommended!

Cheers
Michael
 _GOTOTOP