_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
M2HB .50 Caliber MG
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 04:31 PM UTC
Jason Bobrowich builds a Live Resin "Ma Deuce": M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun with Flash Hider (LRE-35245).

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jason Bobrowich builds a Live Resin "Ma Deuce": M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun with Flash Hider (LRE-35245).

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

NICE! Personally, I would STILL replace the kit's Barrel, Cooling Jacket & Lifting Handle with RB BARRELS', VOYAGER's, or LIONROAR's metal ones, but that's just me. Why? Because I prefer to have my Barrels, Cooling Jackets & Lifting Handles as separate parts- And yes, the visual differences between plastic-molded/resin-cast Barrels, Cooling Jackets & Lifting Handles and separate metal parts of the same ARE noticeable... I'd possibly replace the Ammo as well, although the kit's Ammo does look pretty darned GOOD...

The devil's in the DETAILS...
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 05:01 PM UTC
Thanks Jason: regarding the adoption of the flash supressor -- you mention that you easily can find images of it during the Vietnam era -- my concern is at what point did it get INTO the supply chain? Off the top of my head, I cannot recall seeing it photos of an HB .50cal MG with one during the WW2 era. Am I mistaken?

Live Resin's stuff (previously TAHK) always is sweet -- I have several of their other weapons sets, too
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Live Resin's stuff (previously TAHK)

Just on a side note, Live Resin and Tank are two different companies... closely related, but not the same.

Mario
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:19 PM UTC
I think that the kit is stunningly well-detailed and could only ask for the WW2 version to upgrade kits that are currently languishing in my stash.
 _GOTOTOP