_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobbyboss T29e1
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC
I see this kit is for sale on ebay. I have also seen the catalog where they are planning a T29e3, a T30 and a T34. The questionis..Has anyone gotten the T29e1 yet? The box art doesnt show the coincidence range finders (commonly called wings). The e3 does. I read somewhere the e1 kit had that option. Can anyone confirm it? This kit is among my top 5 most desired. But patience is everything. I also understand Meng is planning on releasing one
eoin666
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:30 PM UTC
Haven't heard about Meng but Takom certainly is releasing these, maybe wait for them
90designer
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:38 PM UTC
HobbyBoss/Trumpeter Facebook page shows 2 turrets, one with the rangefinder 'ears'. one without, as to whether they are both in the same box, who knows?
D
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC
I heard Meng but someone could have gotten it wrong. But whichever one r it is more than likely will be worth waiting and seeing what they do. Both of them make high quality stuff. Have found hobbyboss to be hit and miss
eoin666
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:15 PM UTC
Just got a Takom Chieftain and Type 59, both beautifully engineered, the Type also gets a spare hull and turret for the type 69 so they don't appear stingy with spares options.
https://www.facebook.com/TAKOM-354803674728188/

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:27 AM UTC
Finest kind I picked up both the Henschel and Porsche turret full interior kits they just released. Imagine waiting on these (t29 and t30) will be worth the wait.
Konigwolf
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 368 posts
Armorama: 321 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 10:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I see this kit is for sale on ebay. I have also seen the catalog where they are planning a T29e3, a T30 and a T34. The questionis..Has anyone gotten the T29e1 yet?

I've seen those adds on Evil bay as well, from the delivery times given, I'm guessing they dont have them yet and are pre selling (I know one of sellers have been caught out doing such before).

While Trump/Hobby Boss on their FB bage pictured both turret types on one sprue and state that just one is not enough, the fact that they are planning to release the E3 as seperate kit doesn't confirm that both turrets will be in one box.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:34 PM UTC
I went ahead and preordered the Takom e3 from Lucky model. costs pretty much the same as what i saw for the hobbyboss on ebay. Selling point for me was them showing a jig to do the tracks. Now that is a useful helping tool.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 03:09 AM UTC
Where did you hear about the track jig, did you see a photo? I had not heard about that detail, sounds interesting.
Cookiescool2
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 03:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where did you hear about the track jig, did you see a photo? I had not heard about that detail, sounds interesting.

For those not on Facebook. Looks helpful!
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:45 AM UTC
Oh, that does look interesting! thank you!
phantom8747
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 05:34 AM UTC
Is that the ad from luohobbyshop? Thanks.
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I see this kit is for sale on ebay. I have also seen the catalog where they are planning a T29e3, a T30 and a T34. The questionis..Has anyone gotten the T29e1 yet?

I've seen those adds on Evil bay as well, from the delivery times given, I'm guessing they dont have them yet and are pre selling (I know one of sellers have been caught out doing such before).

While Trump/Hobby Boss on their FB bage pictured both turret types on one sprue and state that just one is not enough, the fact that they are planning to release the E3 as seperate kit doesn't confirm that both turrets will be in one box.

I hardly doubt that the 'eared' turret will be featured in the T29E1 kit. That was a feature of the T29E3 which will be released sometimes later, god knows when exactly. But you can already order an E3 from Takom, which is listed for january shipping basically everywhere.

I understand it's business. But business also depends how your customers percieve you and your politics, not just from the cold sale numbers. To be perfectly honest i dislike this kind of release policy a lot. You have basically 4 identical tanks with small differences (little turret tweaks, different guns etc, nothing so vast you couldnt with a bit of will fit in one, max two kits offering building variants). And Trumpeter decides to release 4 different kits. Which will be released slowly, one after another, most likely during the entire 2017, maybe even 2018. I mean there still are kits from their 2015 catalogue that werent released if i recall correctly. So yeah, super amazing that these tanks are being made but if you are looking for a specific variant you may have to wait for another year+. Not to mention that we already are waiting for over a year since the very first announcement.

On the other hand, look at Takom. They have made two 2in1 kits out of those tanks. Which are being released simultaneously. A month after the announcement. That's how you treat your customers properly if you ask me. And that's exactly why i ordered the Takom kit instead of Trumpeter's.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 01:44 AM UTC
Given that both turret shells are on the SAME sprue I would say that indicates they are both in the kit.
Al
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On the other hand, look at Takom. They have made two 2in1 kits out of those tanks. Which are being released simultaneously. A month after the announcement. That's how you treat your customers properly if you ask me. And that's exactly why i ordered the Takom kit instead of Trumpeter's.

Does accuracy fit into your calculus?

I cannot fathom why any value is given to releasing something soon after announcement. You are not out any money regardless of how long Trumpeter takes, so how is a delay between announcement and release treating the customer badly?

KL
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I cannot fathom why any value is given to releasing something soon after announcement. You are not out any money regardless of how long Trumpeter takes, so how is a delay between announcement and release treating the customer badly?

KL

There is nothing saying they may have been working on it for sometime, and are only announcing it now.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 05:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

There is nothing saying they may have been working on it for sometime, and are only announcing it now.

Exactly.

On January 1 Company "A" starts working on a model.

On March 1 Company "B" starts working on a model.

On April 1 "B" announces that they are going to release the kit; "A" stays silent.

On October 1 "B" shows images of parts; "A" stays silent.

On November 1 "A" announces their model.

On December 1 "A" offers their kit for sale.

On January 1 "B" offers theirs.

And people takes this scenario as proof that "B" treats their customers badly while "A" is a great bunch of guys? That's crazy and stupid.

KL
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I think your right, I ordered the Hobbyboss T29 off ebay last week and even though I have a tracking #, it doesn't show up in the system a week later.

I also have the Takom T29E3 and T30/34 preordered from Luckymodel.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:56 PM UTC
There are photos from Takom of them measuring the actual prototypes, so it appears they've been working on them awhile. I just wish they were doing a vanilla T29 as well, I never cared for the rangefinder bulges. The T30 will be mine though!

_GOTOTOP