_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Wanted: DS tracks for M1 Abrams
charging_rhinos
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hi all!
It's been a few years, but I'm back on the bench and eager to build! I was recently given a Tamiya M1a1 that I am going to build up as a USMC variant. The problem is, my friend long ago 'borrowed' the tracks for another project. I'm still very grateful for the kit, and it may be a blessing in disguise that I don't have to deal with those hellish vinyl tracks.

I could go with the Bronco/AFV/Trumpeter T-158 track kits, true. But I have a special painting technique that produces very nice results on Dragon's DS tracks that I just can't seem to replicate with styrene parts. Would anyone have a set of DS tracks for an M1 that they would be willing to part with?

If trading is more your style, I have a Challenger 2 Desertized (Tam 1/35), M2A1 Half Track (DML 1/35), and German 3-Ton 4x2 cargo truck (Tam 1/35). I'd trade any of them for the M1 tracks. If you would consider trading a full DML Abrams kit, I'd happily send all three kits, and/or a few aircraft kits (if you also enjoy the less-armored side of things).

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope everyone is doing well, and best wishes for this new year. Man, it feels great to be back.
JoeBev
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:42 AM UTC
I have a couple sets for you. The Tamiya Cargo truck is good. Just drop me an email at [email protected]
Thanks
Joe Bevans
AMPS 2nd VP West Region
AMPS So Cal
charging_rhinos
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:53 AM UTC
Thanks so much! I had no idea I'd get a response that fast. Sending email now. Cheers.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:04 AM UTC
If you'd sell the challenger, how much would you ask?
charging_rhinos
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:57 PM UTC
Hi Thirian24.
Sorry for the delay, I've been skiing a lot over the weekend. I never know how to price these things out, and I don't know how much shipping would cost, but I don't want to give you a bad offer. I looked online, and most of those kits go for around $40-45 after shipping is included. Is $30 total reasonable?
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:01 AM UTC
Definitely.

Pm your PayPal info.
 _GOTOTOP