_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Mirror Models Holmes Wrecker
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:14 PM UTC
Guys, am getting the Mirror Models "Holmes Wrecker" - any one built this kit? I would like to add a bit more "life" to it. Anyone got any recommendations for additional gear/equipment that could be added to the back - perhaps a generator, welding gear, maybe even a fuel trailer (anything in 1/35 that may be applicable)?

any photos/inspiration greatly received

thanks
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:52 PM UTC
Maybe some of the PE Detailing sets for the Chevvy C60 and the Diamond T 969A wrecker from LZ Models "May" be of use...

I've got the Dizzy T wrecker & PE, & the wrecking gear 'looks' similar... (other more knowelegable will confirm?)

I'd be inclined to put 'wrecking' gear, ropes, chocks, crowbars, etc., in, + any USEFULL booty, as the purpose of the LAD was err... recovery to a base for further work?

By all means a dio of a recovered vehicle to a base where spares, welding gear etc, could be found?
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe some of the PE Detailing sets for the Chevvy C60 and the Diamond T 969A wrecker from LZ Models "May" be of use...

I've got the Dizzy T wrecker & PE, & the wrecking gear 'looks' similar... (other more knowelegable will confirm?)

I'd be inclined to put 'wrecking' gear, ropes, chocks, crowbars, etc., in, + any USEFULL booty, as the purpose of the LAD was err... recovery to a base for further work?

By all means a dio of a recovered vehicle to a base where spares, welding gear etc, could be found?

that makes sense... especially the welding side of things... never done a dio so wondered about doing a wrecker parked up at the recovery yard... there are non-period photos of wreckers with (I assume) welding tanks and generators, still looking for period of any wrecker (ggogle is my friend there)
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:53 PM UTC
Google phrases like: British recovery lorry ww2 or Light Aid Detatchment
Or even Holmes wrecker ww2 should give you a start

Use contempory phrases + timeperiod (ww2) in searches

One tip: use Trumpeter Razor Saw mini-review to remove parts from the sprue as especially on the earlier kits, the plastic could be a little soft with large sprue gates as this Dizzy T wrecker
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Google phrases like: British recovery lorry ww2 or Light Aid Detatchment
Or even Holmes wrecker ww2 should give you a start

Use contempory phrases + timeperiod (ww2) in searches

One tip: use Trumpeter Razor Saw mini-review to remove parts from the sprue as especially on the earlier kits, the plastic could be a little soft with large sprue gates as this Dizzy T wrecker

great - have that trumpy saw, never used it for removing parts from sprue but had read that was the big drawback on mirror models...

have time for research as my Quad/limber/25pdr is only 1/3 completed.....
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

any photos/inspiration greatly received

What about this one ?

H.P.
 _GOTOTOP