_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
ww2 italian camo style
napadaanlng
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 03:23 PM UTC
I'm wanting to build my Tamiya-Italeri AB43 but the camo looks difficult to do?

Here's a link from a russian scale modeling site. The yellow line just looks awesome and intimidating to look at.

http://karopka.ru/community/user/16328/?p=1&MODEL=453104#cmtlist

I usually brush with tamiya acrylics in painting small details and i have to go on 2-3 coats to complete it and it works well though.

What's a good dunkelgelb paint that lays flat when you brush it?

Also from the photo its hard to determine what size of brush should I use?

PS: tamiya acrylics are commonly available in my area.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:39 PM UTC
Best acrylics to hand paint with are Vallejo ,Mig or AK (i think)
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:41 PM UTC
i havent seen them in a while but polly o was good too!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:32 AM UTC
If you want do that with Tamiya i think is better you buy some retarder to add, but with brush are better Vallejo or Lifecolor have a set for Italian vehicles.

The camouflage is more 'easier than it seems, I've done a similar brush 1/72 with Enamel, parts with the green base of the entire vehicle, then very light with a pencil draws the edges of the camouflage, fill the parts in red-brown, for the yellow stripes you need to paint not too Thinn and more 'opaque as possible, the best thing if it covers in a single pass, here you need a good brush long-haired who has a good reservoir for not have to continue to dip the brush, to measure you have to do the tests but I think the 0 or 00 should be enough, with this trying to give less brush strokes can calmly make the separation strips.

Before making the last step you do a little 'practice, I have painted a bottle in PET with some primer and tried on that, and maybe start from the bottom of the armored car, you'll see that after the first stripes will not be so' impossible before separate the colors and then add other stripes, if are not perfect dont worry too much you can always adjust them in with green and red and still with a nice filter Tan "hide" a little 'the separation between one color and the other

napadaanlng
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:06 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies and the advice this could be my 1st camo build as I don't own any airbrush I have yet to acquire the supplies first. I already finished building the kit and it fits perfectly.
 _GOTOTOP