_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Looking for this current LMTV Armored cab
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:46 AM UTC
Trumpeter just came out with an armored cab version ... however, it's an older style. Does anyone know if this more modern armored cab is available?

I promptly bought the Trumpter armored cab version, only to find that its an older version that was retrofitted into unarmoted LMTVs. These new ones come from the factory like this. I'm hoping to find one.

20mb image hosting

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:56 AM UTC
Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but no one makes that cab, the Long-Term Armor Strategy (LTAS) cab.

The closest to it in kit form is the older Low Signature Armored Cab (LSAC). Trumpeter's M1078 Armored Cab kit represents this version.

It was also fitted to 5-ton FMTV variants.

The Trumpeter LSAC cab will also fit the Trumpeter M1083 kit w/no modifications since they are based on the same vehicle. As shown below, built by an unknown builder.

BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:55 AM UTC
Thanks for the 411...

It sucks that we get concept tanks from Nazi Germans that only existed on paper, but can get a current workhorse like the LMTV or a current HMMET (a4).

I didn't realize just how prevalent these LMTVs were until I got out here and realized they replaced Duece and Half and Five Ton trucks with these. They are quickly becoming the most common US vehicle. Wish I'd bought stock in the company!
 _GOTOTOP