_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
PHOTOS
Takom ZSU-57-2
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:42 AM UTC
Valery Popov shares some pictures of Takom''s ZSU-75-2 in 1/35 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:35 AM UTC
If he had looked prim and well-kept East German People's Army tool to manage them imprisoned !!
Another mistake: The tower interior fittings and ammunition factory white.
Point East Germans were such that sparkled with all the facilities and exemplary arm was keeping !!
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:44 AM UTC
A clean build and absolutely superb weathering! If it looks great, I'm not too concerned with (historical) accuracy...
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:52 PM UTC
Valery, beautiful build! The paint fading is incredible! Your use of rust streaking is impressive! How does the Takom kit compare to Meng or Trumpeter? Any ideas? Keep up the great builds!
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:07 PM UTC
Hi Valery
Excellent build. Your paint work and weathering looks awesome.
Jacob
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:34 PM UTC
Superb finish.

Gabor has a point on historical accuracy though.

Mario
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 02:07 PM UTC
Hate to say it, but Gabor is right...

Well, why do I hate it? Because this is a perfect example of how everything that COULD be done, SHOUDLN'T always be applied. Meaning the weathering is excellent and very, very well crafted in the first place. But it is unfortunately at the same time very unrealistic on a vehicle of the NVA (GDR: Nationale Volksarmee der DDR). They were always kept in very good and neat shape until the very end. My father used to be an officer in NVA (company commander of a transport unit) and he always said how surprised the Bundeswehr officers were, when they saw the neat shape of all the vehicles and gear after reunification. (His answer being: Did you think we were twiddling our thumbs over here all those years?)

That makes the model - sorry to say so - inaccurate compared to the original. It is however very well excecuted, so one can be left torn here a bit... Anyway: great model, thanks for sharing and nice to see some more NVA armour here around!
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 05:59 PM UTC
nice build comrade!
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
Armorama: 305 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:17 PM UTC
Looks like a winner to me. Nicely done!
Bjreg3
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:59 PM UTC
Beautifully done!
mwells63
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:55 AM UTC
Visually beautiful model. Excellent paint work and weathering. Well done.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 03:07 AM UTC
Very nice.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 03:14 AM UTC
Love the finishing, but I've got to go with the historical accuracy thing. The DDR was a tight-run ship and the Volksarme a professional, motivated group. Little chance for rust to develop on anything they fielded. The feldwebel in charge would have blown fuses and kicked butts while handing out steel bristle brushes and paint!
Removed by original poster on 02/01/17 - 22:24:55 (GMT).
Jennings
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...this is a perfect example of how everything that COULD be done, SHOUDLN'T always be applied.

Much like body piercing and tattoos...
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 01:50 PM UTC
That's right!
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Love the finishing, but I've got to go with the historical accuracy thing. The DDR was a tight-run ship and the Volksarme a professional, motivated group. Little chance for rust to develop on anything they fielded. The feldwebel in charge would have blown fuses and kicked butts while handing out steel bristle brushes and paint!

Yup. there seems to be a slavish devotion among many modellers today to finish all afv's in a filthy, rusted, state. While this may have happened, during times of combat and with the armour of militias and third world countries, in most major powers during peacetime all vehicles were regularly cleaned and maintained.
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 06:04 PM UTC
Within the member states of the Warsaw Pact (Soviet model) took care of the maintenance, which is checked. The lack of maintenance, failure to accidents, deaths, loss of combat capability leads, as it is known as the non-maintained gun point then fails when it is needed, this is war, death ... (Viet Nam M-16 gas bore for example, ) the S-68 aircraft guns as extreme pressure is applied during the shots, especially to maintain MUST! Special rules apply to the armament maintenance, in addition to disciplinary liability in case of failure to do so. This model looks like what a stored outdoors approx. 10-15 years without a canopy !! Such never have occurred unless decommissioned, issued open spaces instance is the case! But it is full of ammunition! sugalja which means that items in use. copies on the system, garages (to this day even in Moscow !!) and carefully maintained stored tarp covered when they were not fighting readiness of the pipe ends had a special protective cover, and was such a quantity of ammunition sharp fighting position in the vehicle. The other vehicle in such a condition if they had existed (which is untrue), staff have often been vaccinating due to rust! Overdid the maker of koszolást and rust as well. It is dust happens, but the first thing was the staff if there was free time (it did not bored), vehicle maintenance, cleansing, lubrication. muzzle brakes on the ends of the pipes BLACK factory!
best-maintained fleet was by far the East German People's Army in former Warsaw Pact! Indeed! It was written by the ones at the same time that all means of seasonal fashion and colors are painted over! I do not see any numbers painted on the tower, and that was typical. For me, the mock-up, any dirt is nicely controlled, rusty, not realistic. This typical fashion overkill.
mwells63
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 06:21 PM UTC
This is a bit like asking a dozen people their taste in wine, woman and song. Pretty much guaranteed to have a dozen wildly differing opinions. Although in reality the vehicles may have been in good condition, a bit of artistic license to increase the visual impact is not a deal breaker. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. In my humble personal opinion, a bit of a worn out weathered look (within reason) adds life and depth to a model. But at the end of the day, everyone to their own.
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 06:36 PM UTC
The modeling fidelity essence of life, well this is part of the wear and tear, dirt and rust, but only adequately. Also fit to recognize the vehicle before we make an error. For example: Why are painted green semi-circle around the tower stretches, personnel protective rubber flange (screw fixed to the rear semi-circle)? Why not paint the gum? Because it dries out, ruin. I think this example is not to make a mock-up, and this stupid fashion has really nothing to do with reality ...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:07 AM UTC
You might have got my intent wrong, or at least more than I intended: I think the weathering is GREAT, better than I've managed, BUT the rust is unrealistic. One of you mentioned Third World war lord-controlled armour, and that would be reasonable. Lebanese militia T-55s were RUSTY and Serb armour garishly painted with whatever came to hand. Volksarme, on the other hand, were way to disciplined to let something go to weed like this. That was my point. Perfect for depicting Third World armour, not so with First-rate units.
 _GOTOTOP