_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Train loaded with trucks and stuff
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 04:43 AM UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAzkd81-3Y

Is this just a mixed load of vehicles being moved from A to B or is it some kind of complete unit? There are a few trucks pulling 155 mm artillery, a motorgrader, front loaders, tankers, lots of Hum-V's, some kind of radar?? on a trailer so to my amateur eyes it seems to be a strange unit.
/ Robin
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 07:44 AM UTC
It looks like a couple of units (Arty and Engineer) together on the same train. They are probably going to or from the National Training Center (NTC) at Ft Irwin, CA. It is a wheeled vehicle train, which is based on the type of train cars used and what they can carry. Multiple units will be mixed together to fill the train.
SWATdoc
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hello Robin,

The comments below the video suggest that this train either originated from Fort Bragg, North Carolina or that it was returning there. Fort Bragg is the home of the US ARMY 82d Airborne Division and Special Operations Forces, in case you did not know that already.

It does look like a good mixture of artillery, engineers, medical and other support equipment to me, too.

I think if you type words such as military trains El Paso and Fort Hood into YouTube, you may find similar film that shows more Bradleys and M1's.

Respectfully,
Allen
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:27 PM UTC
Thanks Gino & Allen :-)

/ Robin
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 07:42 PM UTC
Bumper codes are 82nd ABN.

Seriously? These guys chase trains around and film them? Damn, they are just as geeky as us!
Namerifrats
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously? These guys chase trains around and film them? Damn, they are just as geeky as us!

Oh yes.....they are called Railfans/Railbuffs. There are probably more of them than there are modelers. I'm a Locomotive Engineer for a class 1 RR on the east coast. We see them daily along the tracks. If we have something "special" like a heritage engine, they will follow up 50-100 miles. I don't think bad of them. It's a hobby like any other.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 12:30 AM UTC
Nice, lots of air-droppable LMTV/FMTV.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Then there are the guys who, for rail road locomotives and especially aircraft, will sit near runways and literally log the registration numbers of aircraft (locomotives) that pass in and out of the airport.

Reggie Spotters, like bird spotters, meticulously log what and when they see everything, with notables being photographed. There are entire histories of individual aircraft "out there" compiled by reggie spotters and passed around.

Paul
M1A1MstrGn
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:48 PM UTC
Namerifrats, what is a Class 1 RR? I suppose there are Class 2, 3 etc. as well. I assume it has to do with overall weight & loco size.

Thanks
SoftskinFan
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:08 AM UTC
Sweeeeeet! I would chase that train a while myself. Softskins galore! Half of the models waiting to be built on my shelves were sailing along on that train. Really cool. Thanks for posting!

Gary
 _GOTOTOP