_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Looks like Dragon is releasing another repop
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 10:19 AM UTC
Just saw on dragonusaonline dot com that they are reboxing the Cyber Hobby limited edition "Operation Seelowe" Pz. III CH# 6717) in a regular Dragon box, #6877.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1037311-dragon-6877-pz-kpfw-iii-ausf-f-3-7cm-t

Once again they show they don't understand what limited means, but then again I don't consider anything made in a Chinese factory to be limited in quantity if there's the possibility of making a dollar somewhere.

Regardless, I found an original on ebay for less than the retail on this one and no DS tracks to worry about.
Chuck4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 04:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just saw on dragonusaonline dot com that they are reboxing the Cyber Hobby limited edition "Operation Seelowe" Pz. III CH# 6717) in a regular Dragon box, #6877.

Once again they show they don't understand what limited means, but then again I don't consider anything made in a Chinese factory to be limited in quantity if there's the possibility of making a dollar somewhere.

Regardless, I found an original on ebay for less than the retail on this one and no DS tracks to worry about.

Lately dragon is not acting like it wants to remain a premier model brand anymore. It just wants to milk its existing set of molds for all they are worth, while investing in an absolutely minimum amount of new research or new molds.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 2-3 years, dragon would close up shop and sell its molds to some other brand.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 06:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Lately dragon is not acting like it wants to remain a premier model brand anymore. It just wants to milk its existing set of molds for all they are worth, while investing in an absolutely minimum amount of new research or new molds.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 2-3 years, dragon would close up shop and sell its molds to some other brand.

Not to mention the low quality of their Black Plague line (black label)
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not to mention the low quality of their Black Plague line (black label)

They won't be making re-pops of those!
They will be called re-poops instead ....

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP