_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MMK: All-Terrain Mobile Platform
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:20 AM UTC

We looked into what is currently available at MMK and saw a couple of recent releases, and one was on the Supacat.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:28 PM UTC
This one hell of a cool subject I have to say (already got hooked to post-war US stuff with Tamiyas Gama Goat before), BUT I really do hope MMK is doing a better job on the resin casting than they did on their older Tatra kits. I built their Tatra 813 KOLOS a while ago and I have to say it was an awful kit! Bubbles, warping you name it: everthing that could go wrong with a resin kit was going wrong there... and still they charged 140,00Euro for it!

Any ideas on the `price of this nice little Supacat?
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:20 PM UTC
MMK has it listed at 49€

http://www.mmk.cz/en/models/category/kompletni-modely#product308

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:58 PM UTC
Not sure why this didn't get 5 stars from everyone. Very nice to see these sorts of things which can "make" a diorama.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure why this didn't get 5 stars from everyone.

Not everyone's cup o' tea. While it is pretty cool, I don't ever see myself building one.
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:30 PM UTC
Trouble with MMK is that they do some interesting Brit stuff no-one else does, or is likely to do - like the ATMP and its ill-fated Springer replacement. There's a story there ....... Bronco announced the Suzuki Quad with Logic trailer more than a year ago, but it has never appeared. I paid for a pre-order with a seller who then closed down! The only MMK kit I have is the Bedford OXA. Apart from being a little basic I think parts quality is OK.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not sure why this didn't get 5 stars from everyone.

Not everyone's cup o' tea. While it is pretty cool, I don't ever see myself building one.

Me, either, but this will be perfect for the right person. I guess I like to see new things made available, even if I'm not going to build it.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 02:59 AM UTC
Over at FB this news item got 26 likes so far. But I guess its another thing how much of that gets converted to actual business.
frank01
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 03:37 AM UTC
made the ATMP about 2 years ago bit of work but check fitting a lot helps. now have this full kit( picked up at Telford uk show) and have started on the trailer quite a bit of work needed and lots of refrance needed for it.
whould put photos up but useless on the site with pictures
Removed by original poster on 02/28/17 - 04:10:54 (GMT).
Cyclone
Visit this Community
Novosibirsk, Russia
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 09:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I really do hope MMK is doing a better job on the resin casting than they did on their older Tatra kits. I built their Tatra 813 KOLOS a while ago and I have to say it was an awful kit! Bubbles, warping you name it: everthing that could go wrong with a resin kit was going wrong there... and still they charged 140,00Euro for it!

I fully understand your pain, as I build myself Tatra 813 at the moment. Casting quality at MMK is terrible, it seems they do not know what is "cast in a vacuum." Miserable instruction, sometimes do not understand. By the way, I often turn to your building on Armorama and it has helped me in many ways. Maybe you have kept any reference materials, especially concerning the wiring cables on the frame and cab interior? It have helped me a lot.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 01:02 PM UTC
Well I am seriously considering getting one of those Supacats since it actually is quite a cool subject. And the price seems to be fair, especially for a short-run resin kit with an unusual subject.

Quoted Text

[...]

I fully understand your pain, as I build myself Tatra 813 at the moment. Casting quality at MMK is terrible, it seems they do not know what is "cast in a vacuum." Miserable instruction, sometimes do not understand. By the way, I often turn to your building on Armorama and it has helped me in many ways. Maybe you have kept any reference materials, especially concerning the wiring cables on the frame and cab interior? It have helped me a lot.

I will check all the pictures I'm having and will post them over in the russian section of the forums then... Keep checking the threads there as it will pop up any time soon
dukw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 03:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I really do hope MMK is doing a better job on the resin casting than they did on their older Tatra kits. I built their Tatra 813 KOLOS a while ago and I have to say it was an awful kit! Bubbles, warping you name it: everthing that could go wrong with a resin kit was going wrong there... and still they charged 140,00Euro for it!

My experience with MMK kits is not so bad. Right, their older kits had some issues regarding the casting and the instructions could be better. But nothing you can not deal with. At the time they were released this was state of the art and only a few maker offered better kits for the money.
This is why i prefer buying kit after a look in the box and resin kit if possible directly after reselse. Ok, in case of MMK this easier for my because they attend some shows across Europe.
Meanwhile i think the quality raised. I have seen the Suzuki Grizzly Quad and bought the FORDSON WOA -2. A pretty little kit. But judge yourself.
This is the link to the instructionsheet of the Supacat kit.

http://www.mmk.cz/upload/products/pdf/09d3c309440a3de627b72fb09e8b7b84.pdf

Happy modelling
Harald
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 06:46 PM UTC
That doesn't look too bad, and seeing those instructions I feel the urge to get one more and more... But wow, you need to bring it on with those PE-straps there

What drivers would you recommend? Are there any decent figures out there to put them on that little beast?
dukw
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 03:30 PM UTC
That's realy difficult
British soldiers in scale are unfortunately very rare.
So this is no exception in this case.
Black dog Models has a driver figure for the Land Rover "Wolf".
F35027 1/35 British driver Defender Wolf Afghanistan
You have to modify it for use with the handlebar of the Supacat instead of the stearing wheel of the Wolf.
Here is a link to the item
http://www.blackdog-model.com/en/eshop-f35027-1-35-british-driver-defender-wolf-afghanistan-28-393

Happy modelling
Harald
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 04:25 PM UTC
Why not giving these figures a try?

Assault Models

Both figures are reviewed here on Armorama.

Mario
dukw
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 05:15 PM UTC
Hey Mario,
they look nice. Thank you for pointing out.
I've missed the review.

Happy modelling
Harald
r2d2
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:17 PM UTC
Great to see this in resin. I saw this in person and its ok. A couple of details are not correct depending on the mark you wanted but overall acceptable.

I have scratch built this model 6 years ago doing my own personal research and personal walk around of the actual MK 3 vehicle.

Here is the link to my build for anybody who is interested.
http://www.armorama.co.uk/forums/176563&ord=&page=4

I have sent my master model for resin production almost 2 years ago to Terry Beale at Castoff but unfortunatley Castoff is out of business and despite messaging Terry for almost 2 years I have no reply and could not get my master back. I need to do it again as I feel the MMK model is not up to my personal liking. Now back to MMK topic.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great to see this in resin. I saw this in person and its ok. A couple of details are not correct depending on the mark you wanted but overall acceptable.

I have scratch built this model 6 years ago doing my own personal research and personal walk around of the actual MK 3 vehicle.

I have sent my master model for resin production almost 2 years ago to Terry Beale at Castoff but unfortunatley Castoff is out of business and despite messaging Terry for almost 2 years I have no reply and could not get my master back. I need to do it again as I feel the MMK model is not up to my personal liking. Now back to MMK topic.

Still looking at buying one from you at some point.

I understand Terry is having major issues and undergoing therapy.

Only a personal visit may provide the relief you seek.

Keith
r2d2
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Still looking at buying one from you at some point.

I understand Terry is having major issues and undergoing therapy.

Only a personal visit may provide the relief you seek.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I have no contact address for Terry and he is too far away from me. I'm in Hastings and he is up North Yorkshire. I mailed my master through his work shop. We used to have a very good communication before his personal issues started and lost communication with me after.

I have to start again and try to do my own mould and resin. Your other option is this MMK kit which is a good base for super detail. If you want I have my own personal walk around pics of the SUPACAT ATMP and its a MK III version which is the latest one.
 _GOTOTOP