_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon M752 Lance SPL
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 - 08:48 PM UTC
Well I've gone ahead and pre-ordered 2 of these puppies. Kind of hoping they will do the M688 LT later on. Lots of dio possibilities. Rolling the dice on this being a decent kit.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well I've gone ahead and pre-ordered 2 of these puppies. . . . Rolling the dice on this being a decent kit.

I have to ask why you would do this. Were you able to get some kind of fantastic deal by pre-ordering? Why not just wait until the kit arrives and is reviewed? (This applies to all kits, not just this one.)

KL
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well I've gone ahead and pre-ordered 2 of these puppies. . . . Rolling the dice on this being a decent kit.

I have to ask why you would do this. Were you able to get some kind of fantastic deal by pre-ordering? Why not just wait until the kit arrives and is reviewed? (This applies to all kits, not just this one.)

KL

I can understand the pre-order desire, as many kits go in and out of production so fast they are sometimes difficult to obtain, one often has to wait for years for a re-issue, if at all. There are some Dragon kits in this category already. Having worked in a LHS, I used to be able to get most kits I wanted fairly easily, either as they were released or as other modelers would come in and want to sell or trade kits. But, today, it's sometimes hard to get kits at low prices that go out of stock-- just take a look at eBay prices for hard to find kits today. However, I've been unhappy with pre-orders too, especially those that charge a "deposit". I've been waiting almost six months for two kits (from other manufacturers) that have not materialized. One has charged my credit card, the other is keeping my card "on file" until the kit arrives in stock. The internet has been a great boon for us modelers, but sometimes it's frustrating as well. I sometimes think the pre-order business is a way the manufacturers and distributors are "gauging" the market. Waiting for something to come out is not always a gaurantee you'll be able to get it.
VR, Russ
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

I have a special affinity for the Lance Missile system. Thrilled that a mainstream is kitting it. If its really good I may get two more.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 12:18 PM UTC
Well at least the kit isn't listed under the Black Label line... That alone should provide some hope that it will be at least a half way decent kit.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 05:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well at least the kit isn't listed under the Black Label line... That alone should provide some hope that it will be at least a half way decent kit.

the only way its going to be a decent kit if it was a Tiger or Panther, Dragon seems to care less about quality on thier kits just look at thier Black Lable line,if its not a Tiger or Panther it will be a poor quality kit
Had thier black Lable line be nothing but Tigers or
Panthers they would have been Dragon's best kits
 _GOTOTOP