_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobby Easy - Why do so many have to die?
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:35 PM UTC
Being a typical American, I must have immediate gratification...

'Went to my local hobby shop seeking a Humvee (M1151).. but wasn't in stock. Since I need immediate gratification, by the time I was out the door, I had jumped on my iPhone and with my slightly obese American fingers, I ordered one online from Hobby Easy. That was in January.

At the end of February, I received an eMail notifying me that it was being shipped from Hong Kong.

Now, middle of March, I inquired about the order and Hobby Easy said it will be about three months for me to receive it. Apparently it is on a slow boat from China...

Three or Four months... to me an American, that's a lifetime!

In at amount of time,
204,000 Americans will die of heart disease
197,233 Americans will die of cancer
49,033 Americans will die of COPD
44,367 Americans will die from strokes
45,367 Americans will die from accidents - including falling off the toilet.
62 Americans will die of being struck by lightning
14,257 will die of suicide (possibly one more if my order doesn't arrive soon!)

Why do so many Americans have to die before my order arrives!

Is this typical experience from Hobby-Not-So-Easy?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:39 PM UTC
You forgot to mention the number of executive orders that will be issued during that time
/ Robin
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:40 PM UTC
Methinks we need a 'war' on heart disease, cancer etc.

The 'war' on terror and drugs seem small potatoes now...

69mudbone
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:42 PM UTC
Hi Bruce , thanks for putting a smile on my face
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Methinks we need a 'war' on heart disease, cancer etc.

The 'war' on terror and drugs seem small potatoes now...

Except all those "Wars on..." the government declares are always lost. We need one we can win.
trickymissfit
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,357 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Being a typical American, I must have immediate gratification...

'Went to my local hobby shop seeking a Humvee (M1151).. but wasn't in stock. Since I need immediate gratification, by the time I was out the door, I had jumped on my iPhone and with my slightly obese American fingers, I ordered one online from Hobby Easy. That was in January.

At the end of February, I received an eMail notifying me that it was being shipped from Hong Kong.

Now, middle of March, I inquired about the order and Hobby Easy said it will be about three months for me to receive it. Apparently it is on a slow boat from China...

Three or Four months... to me an American, that's a lifetime!

In at amount of time,
204,000 Americans will die of heart disease
197,233 Americans will die of cancer
49,033 Americans will die of COPD
44,367 Americans will die from strokes
45,367 Americans will die from accidents - including falling off the toilet.
62 Americans will die of being struck by lightning
14,257 will die of suicide (possibly one more if my order doesn't arrive soon!)

Why do so many Americans have to die before my order arrives!

Is this typical experience from Hobby-Not-So-Easy?

I hear you!! I ordered in a MIG 31 from the actual supplier in the states back in September. Six months later, and after several phone calls I'm finally giving up the project.
gary
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 12:25 AM UTC
So I was clicking on a different subject and suddenly I thought "Did that other topic say 'Hobby Easy- How Many more Have to Die'?".

I use their air mail service. It takes about 2 weeks. Also being an American, I want to minimize the time that I could have a heart attack before I get the kit.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 12:43 AM UTC
I have ordered from Canada many times, use there air service, always arrives in 2-3 weeks.
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 12:51 AM UTC
Well during all this time waiting you could have just built a real one from scratch.Just like the Kurds did.Just saying...
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Apparently it is on a slow boat from China...

Hobby Boss gives you a choice of shipping options. How soon you want it is your call.
Removed by original poster on 03/15/17 - 22:07:56 (GMT).
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 266 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:08 AM UTC
Jack_Turmoil
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:10 AM UTC
Ha ha ha. Great post! I haven't ordered from them. I'm an American, as well. I've found Lucky Model to be pretty decent. Usually about 2 weeks or less. Hopefully, you live to see your package arrive.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:29 AM UTC
Pretty darned clever Bruce. Thanks for the smile ! Did you ask at your LHS if they could special order the Humvee? I always seemed to get my special orders in a week or 10 days. Then unfortunately they closed up shop.
Now I've switched to using Sprue Bros. FAST service but a bit pricey on shipping. But then again, I never had to pay for shipping before. Roll models is pretty good but a bit slow maybe 50-60K worth of deceased people's worth.
Hang in there brother! One day your ship will come in.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You forgot to mention the number of executive orders that will be issued during that time
/ Robin

Yeah, and please, no more red lines!!!

On a personal note, I would not care at all if all drugs were legal. You want 'em, go get 'em, take as much as you want.

However, thanks to one of those so called "victims" of the "War on Drugs" my Father now has metal rods in his arm and leg but, 25 years later, is still alive. It seems the moron was stoned and decided to run down the next person he saw riding a bike.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 04:28 AM UTC
You did not mention which shipping method you picked. I always go air and get it from 1 to 2 weeks. Even with Air, still cheaper than purchasing the same kit from within the US.

HobbyEasy has always done good by me.
bulldawg380
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:07 AM UTC
i have always used scalehobbyist and have never had any of these problems and shipping is cheap as well on another note has anyone had bad luck with scalehobbyist
kurtistsang
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:03 AM UTC
You may choose to send your order by surface mail at a cheaper postage, it need to take at least 2 months to arrive by sea.
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:09 AM UTC
I have had nothing but great service from them. usually 6-10 days to get to me from them.
lucky model...well thats another story. my last order from them took a week to get out the door, then was sent from HK to the west coast of Canada through England. 6 weeks later it finally showed up. even though I paid extra for the 7-11 day shipping.
I have always had great service from Hobbyeasy, not always the same story with Luckymodel.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:13 AM UTC
It does not seem to matter which shipping option I choose(Florida or Arkansas); I always have to wait about a month. Sprue Bros. shipping rates have improved. Why Luckymodel does not offer tracking, is beyond me.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:15 AM UTC
Scalehobbyist, two thumbs down. I have ordered from them before. Prices not that good and it took them a week each time before they actually shipped my order.
dmiles
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:09 PM UTC
I have been ordering from Hobby Easy for 9 years now and purchase about 85% of my stuff from them; in all that time, I have never had a problem. Daniel and Co. always advise me if they are out of stock of something I have ordered and dispatch the order within 1 week. I always select the air mail option and my orders usually arrive in to me in rural Australia between 12 to 14 days, the same goes for Lucky Model. I purchased a Rosomak in late December from Poland (as Hobby Easy hadn’t got them in stock) and after I paid for it and a bit more fiddling around I found out that the company only ships by surface mail. Found out form Australia post that it should be here sometime in April, I hate surface mail!

So in future I will stick with the suppliers I know and trust, thanks Hobby Easy and Lucky Model
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i have always used scalehobbyist and have never had any of these problems and shipping is cheap as well on another note has anyone had bad luck with scalehobbyist

Scalehobbyist has always been good to me,no problems,decent prices,fast and reasonable shipping.Highly recommended here.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It does not seem to matter which shipping option I choose(Florida or Arkansas); I always have to wait about a month. Sprue Bros. shipping rates have improved. Why Luckymodel does not offer tracking, is beyond me.

?... Of course they do. It is an option that you have to check when you place your order and you pay a couple of $$ extra for it, but they certainly do offer it. All my orders arrive with traceable shipments.

Different story is that USPS does not offer tracking for some international registered post services, which are traceable everywhere else in the world but disappear from the tracking systems once they arrive to the US... But it is USPS problem, not the sender's.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 04:48 PM UTC
I've always had great service from Hobby Easy, they have a huge range of products and their shipping is very reasonable.

Darryl
 _GOTOTOP