_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New M60 Decals
exgrunt
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:41 PM UTC
Echelon just released a boatload of very cool looking M60 decals. Mostly M60A3 but also some earlier "OPFOR - Reforger" markings. Starting to get the bug to build one of these tanks!

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/echelon.html

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:16 PM UTC
And even better looks like each of the new set comes with a small generic number and letter sheet to make your own bumper codes.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Echelon just released a boatload of very cool looking M60 decals. Mostly M60A3 but also some earlier "OPFOR - Reforger" markings. Starting to get the bug to build one of these tanks!

You had my interest up when you mentioned "earlier REFORGER" markings, but I don't see any pre-1980 markings. These would have been either blue or orange vinyl squares, a little bit larger than a foot square, with a black or white two digit numbers printed on them that would have been taped to the turret sides or front slope in front of the driver's compartment. All the markings on these decal sheets appear to be later friendly or "OPFOR" markings, some of which could have been seen at the NTC or elsewhere in CONUS that came in a standard "training package" issued by the base training office. There also appear to be a good number for M60A3s in Korea. Did I miss an earlier REFORGER sheet somewhere?
VR, Russ
exgrunt
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You had my interest up when you mentioned "earlier REFORGER" markings, but I don't see any pre-1980 markings. These would have been either blue or orange vinyl squares, a little bit larger than a foot square, with a black or white two digit numbers printed on them that would have been taped to the turret sides or front slope in front of the driver's compartment. All the markings on these decal sheets appear to be later friendly or "OPFOR" markings, some of which could have been seen at the NTC or elsewhere in CONUS that came in a standard "training package" issued by the base training office. There also appear to be a good number for M60A3s in Korea. Did I miss an earlier REFORGER sheet somewhere?
VR, Russ

The set at the very bottom had some OPFOR / REFORGER ID placards and generic markings. Two of the subjects pictured were early M60A1's, one in MASTER (looks pretty cool IMO) and the other OD.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The set at the very bottom had some OPFOR / REFORGER ID placards and generic markings. Two of the subjects pictured were early M60A1's, one in MASTER (looks pretty cool IMO) and the other OD.

I was in Europe from 77-80 and went through three REFORGers, I never saw any markings like those. However, I did command a split unit between Fort Lewis WA and the NTC at Fort Irwin from 81-84, and I saw markings like that for OPFOR forces there, and at The TASC (Training Aid Support Center) at Fort Lewis and in Hawaii. I think those markings are at least post 1980 for Europe.
VR, Russ
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 398 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:51 AM UTC
The markings for the tanks in Korea are from my plt when I was statoned there in 1990. They represent markings from 4th plt A troop 5/17 Cav. Make sure you add a M60D machine gun to loaders station. If interested pm me and I can supply more info.
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 398 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:35 PM UTC
Received my sheets yesterday all are very well done and typical high quality that echelon is know for.
 _GOTOTOP