_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend HMMWV TOW Turret on M-ATV
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hello all, with the release from Legend of the TOW armed turret for a M1167 HMMWV I have been looking for photos. I've only been able to find a small handful of them showing deployed vehicles. All of the others are of what appear to be range shots. That said, I notice that the turret can be used on the M-ATV and Maxxpro. I'd really like to do the M-ATV with one. Who operates the M-ATV with the turret? I thought only the USMC operated the M-ATV but I am frequently wrong. Any information and links to good photos of one fitted to an M-ATV would be appreciated. If nothing comes up. I can build a "fresh" M1167.

Regards,

Eric
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:58 AM UTC
Eric,

Looking through the Army Technical Manual system, I can only find reference to TOW being mounted on the RG31A2 and the MAXX PRO DASH DXM.

Having said that, all turret rings used by DoD are standardized. So, theoretically, you can put an M1167 turret on any vehicle with a turret ring. However, the TOW equipped vehicles require special power converters and cabling to support the large power requirements for the ITAS viewer/targeting systems.
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 - 04:19 AM UTC
Brent, you mention the RG-31. Could I use the newish Kinetic RG-31 Mk5? I can't tell from the drawing you messaged me.

Regards,

Eric
 _GOTOTOP