_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
SKP M1101/1102 Trailer First Impression
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 07:43 AM UTC
Hello all, I received my SKP M1101/1102 trailer today. When it was announced I ordered it direct from SKP. They shipped it immediately. It came much quicker than I anticipated. Okay, so on to the first impression.

The packaging is a small, high quality cardboard box with a lift off lid. The flat items like the floor and the sides come in plastic bags with their own additional piece of cardboard as a stiffener and to ensure they stay flat. This is not something I've encountered before. It is an impressive detail.

The kit itself, so far, looks amazing. It is cast in a pale blue resin. There is no noticeable warp to any part. The castings are very clean. The detail appears to be very sharp. It is as good as Legend or Live Resin. There is some flash as there always is with a resin kit but it looks like it will be easy to clean up. The instructions are amazing. They are very clear shaded line drawings.

So far so good! I am going to jump right in and do a full build review which I will submit here for your viewing pleasure. I can't wait to get started!

Regards,

Eric
WXerock
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 07:47 AM UTC
Sorry everyone for The mistake in the title of the thread. It should read SKP not ALL, but autocorrect struck again. I caught the mistake in the body of the post but not in the title. Maybe one of our kind moderators will correct it for me!

Regards,

Eric
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:47 AM UTC
Eric, please make some review photos
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 01:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry everyone for The mistake in the title of the thread. It should read SKP not ALL, but autocorrect struck again. I caught the mistake in the body of the post but not in the title. Maybe one of our kind moderators will correct it for me!

Done. Looking forward to seeing the build.

Mario
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 - 09:01 AM UTC
Might want to start things out with either a photo of the kit box or a picture of the real thing.
(This one comes from the Eagle Trailer company website.)
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Also whenever there is a problem with the wording or the spelling of a new thread title this could perhaps be best corrected by communicating with a moderator directly by PM rather than making that conversation a perminent part of the thread itself.

This process seems to work well for others.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 - 10:57 AM UTC
I have a detailed walk-around of an M1101 trailer on HMMWVInScale.

http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13039441
WXerock
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 - 11:36 AM UTC
Brent, thanks for the link to the walk around. I was able to take a bunch of photos of an M1102 at work. I got a bunch of photos of the wiring and brake line routing. Once I get them all uploaded you can have them for the site if you're interested.

Regards,

Eric
 _GOTOTOP