_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
USMC M1A1 HA
Javi
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 04:01 PM UTC
Hi

Im currently working in a USMC M1A1 HA ( Ref 9125 Cyber Hobby ) and when working in the EAPU I realice that there is no armored conduct cover in the roof of the turret. ( I mean the same style of the armored covers that go to the smokegrenade launchers )

Also I see that the upper side of the EAPU is different from the one you can find in the more usual M1A1 that includes the armored covers. ( ie Ref 3535 Dragon M1A1 AIM)

My question: is this a mistake by Dragon or is it that two versions of the EAPU existed? One with armored covers along the roof and another one without it.

I have looked for pictures of the real thing in the web but didnt manage to find any.

I would really appreciate any advice and especially pictures of the real thing.

Kind regards

Javier

Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 04:28 PM UTC
Maybe this should help :

http://data4.primeportal.net/tanks/jeff_derosa/m1a1_details/images/m1a1_details_239_of_435.jpg

http://data4.primeportal.net/tanks/jeff_derosa/m1a1_details/images/m1a1_details_261_of_435.jpg

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47209/thread/1187325837/Inof+needed+on+M1A1+(picture+attached)

H.P.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 06:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

Im currently working in a USMC M1A1 HA ( Ref 9125 Cyber Hobby ) and when working in the EAPU I realice that there is no armored conduct cover in the roof of the turret. ( I mean the same style of the armored covers that go to the smokegrenade launchers )

Also I see that the upper side of the EAPU is different from the one you can find in the more usual M1A1 that includes the armored covers. ( ie Ref 3535 Dragon M1A1 AIM)

My question: is this a mistake by Dragon or is it that two versions of the EAPU existed? One with armored covers along the roof and another one without it.

I have looked for pictures of the real thing in the web but didnt manage to find any.

I would really appreciate any advice and especially pictures of the real thing.

Kind regards

Javier

Cyberhobby kit is an ancient Dragon kit, released many years before the AIM kit. It is full of inaccuracies and simplifications. Most likely all your findings are just errors in the old kit.
Javi
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 06:10 PM UTC
Thank you but it doesn't really help. The APU in the pics is the one with the armored conducts. They run alongside the left blow panel.

My question is: any picture of an APU without those armored conducts?

Thank you!!!
seanmcandrews
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 06:16 PM UTC
No, pretty sure the covers are a standard part of the APU installation.

Sean
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 06:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you but it doesn't really help. The APU in the pics is the one with the armored conducts. They run alongside the left blow panel.

Thank you!!!

It was actually an answer - the APU in your kit is wrong, so are missing conduits. It is Dragon's error. One of many in the kit.
Javi
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you!!!

It was actually an answer - the APU in your kit is wrong, so are missing conduits. It is Dragon's error. One of many in the kit.

Sorry I was answering to the previous reply with the pics in it. What makes me wonder if its an error or not is that the APU is different. The upper panel is different and the rear view is also different.

hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you!!!

Sorry I was answering to the previous reply with the pics in it. What makes me wonder if its an error or not is that the APU is different. The upper panel is different and the rear view is also different.

Once again: Cyberhobby/Dragon's ancient kit is a collection of errors and inaccuracies.
If you want an accurate model, search for enough references photos of a specific vehicle and work from there.
Don't take the kit as a reference, at all.
Javi
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 12:33 PM UTC
OK thank you guys

As I cant find a picture of an Abrams with a an APU and no armored conduicts I will scratch them.

Also I will scratch the upper panel cause it looks like it may be fake.

Regards
Removed by original poster on 06/30/17 - 10:29:03 (GMT).
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 03:31 PM UTC
Javi

i sent you a pm I may have the parts you need for the APU and the conduit
 _GOTOTOP