_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Scale 75: Generalmajor and Paints
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:34 AM UTC

Scale 75 has a new German figure, plus a set of colours for ribbons, medals and awards.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:06 AM UTC
Head looks a little small! Reminds me of a joke: A man walks into a bar and sees a hot fairy sitting on a bar stool. He asks her, "How about a little head?"...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Head looks a little small! Reminds me of a joke: A man walks into a bar and sees a hot fairy sitting on a bar stool. He asks her, "How about a little head?"...

No, he's just more heroically proportioned. Remember the ideal human is 8 heads tall. The average human is seven heads tall with shorter and taller humans ranging from 6 to 8 1/2 even nine heads tall.
Comic book heroes are usually 8 1/2 which is an exaggeration of the ideal. This guy doesn't have a small head, he has a more ideally proportioned body. A blonde Aryan God.
Though his hat looks small. But as a general it could be custom tailored and he wanted it undersized? For a standard hat the crown is undersized.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 06:58 PM UTC
In other words, he's a "pin-head".
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 06:16 PM UTC
The proportions look good to me. My problem with this fig (which is a nice fig) is he looks way too young to be a MG.
J
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 06:44 PM UTC
I agree! A major or something along that line would be more realistic, plus he's too skinny for his rank, I'd expect someone a bit more stout. Not necessarily fat, just stout. Nice uniform and pose though, and I'd guess that the head size thing didn't seem to be something I noticed.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 10:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The proportions look good to me. My problem with this fig (which is a nice fig) is he looks way too young to be a MG.
J

Yep at first I thought the same but considering that for example Von Manteuffel got that rank at 43, it is not that far... And from the photos I have seen he seems to be in good shape. But perhaps this we the exception
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:46 AM UTC
I always got the impression that von Manteuffel probably led by running beside the lead tanks during an engagement -just kidding! I know what you mean, but most of them were well into their fifties if not sixties by that rank. That's why I would have thought that a skinny major was more believable than a buff General Major.
 _GOTOTOP