_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M109A6
Cookie
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:06 PM UTC
I'm looking information on the ammunition used by an American M109A6. Particularly interested to know if there are any manufacturers producing 1/35 scale munitions which can be used with the kit. Failing that anyone point me in the right direction to find sufficient detail to allow me to reproduce the various shell and storage units.
Many thanks in advance
Cookie
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 12:12 AM UTC
I wasn't aware that the ammo had changed, it should be standard 155mm nato with the exception of their being new types like Excalibur.
I made an AFV club m548 vehicle recently and it came with a ton of the ammo and storage canisters for the ammo and propellant. Suggest looking at that company.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 12:52 AM UTC

I guess this older set should be usable as well...

H.P.
Cookie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 02:23 AM UTC
There you go my modelling friends come up with the answers. I never knew the AFV set existed H.P. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if they still available.
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 266 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 07:28 AM UTC
I've got a couple of the Verlinden sets I'll probably never use...PM me if you're interested.
Cookie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:03 AM UTC
Christian
The ammo pack arrived safe and well at the weekend. First chance I've had to let you know. Thanks very much again great service & it didn't take that long to cross the pond. Just exactly what I was looking for.
Just one unfortunate thing however, I got stung for and additional £13.21 for import duty and our Post office kindly included their fee of £8 handling charge to collect the £5.21 tax. Worked out 45% of the cost of the stuff.
But thanks again for the kit.

Paul
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Christian
The ammo pack arrived safe and well at the weekend. First chance I've had to let you know. Thanks very much again great service & it didn't take that long to cross the pond. Just exactly what I was looking for.
Just one unfortunate thing however, I got stung for and additional £13.21 for import duty and our Post office kindly included their fee of £8 handling charge to collect the £5.21 tax. Worked out 45% of the cost of the stuff.

Paul

OUCH! And I get upset because the PO's special delivery driver can't find my house.
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 02:48 PM UTC
[quote]Christian

Shocking aint it - When people say don't lie, don't cheat and don't steal - the government hates competition, they aint far off the truth !.

jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 08:16 PM UTC
Interestingly AFV Club just released a set for the M109a1-A4. Not sure if they would work or could be adapted, though. http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/rzqcj7zxnpqih3hevu7o.html
 _GOTOTOP