_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Desert Eagle: Merkava Mk.1 (and 1 Meshupar)
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 02:59 PM UTC

Desert Eagle Publishing announced a new book on Merkava Mk1 which could prove an invaluable companion to the recently announced Takom kits. Here's the press release from the company.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 - 09:12 AM UTC
I just received my copy of this book, in preparation for the Takom Merkava 1 kit I have on order. I have several of the Desert Eagle publications on the Merkava series, but I must say that this one, BY FAR. has the best photographs of any of them! The photos seem much sharper than the other books, the color far richer, and the images seem to be generally larger than in the other books. Don't get me wrong, the other books have all been great, and ideal companions for the models kits of the vehicles they illustrate, but somehow, this book is truly an order of magnitude better. In addition to the pictures, the history of the Merkava tank is a nice addition to the beginning of this book. I am very grateful to Michael Mass who, along with other authors, keeps these books coming out. Truly, this is going to be a great book to help me make the most realistic Merkava I that I could hope to do; you won't be missing any details!
merkavafan
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 08:59 AM UTC
A truly excellent book !! Grab a copy, you won't be disappointed !! Just another happy customer of desert eagle publications
Cheers, Andy
 _GOTOTOP