_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter M270/A1comparable USA version help.
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 07:07 AM UTC
What is the difference between the 1/35 scale Trumpeter Finland/Netherlands M270/A1, Compared to the United States version that is being used during the years from 2000 to now, I want to make it a United States version, my question is would it be okay to do that to be used as the USA version from the one trumpeter M270//A1 used by Finland an Netherlands.

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Happy modelling everyone
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 05:17 PM UTC
From what I can tell from the instruction scans, it is identical to the US version. All you would need to do is source/make US decals for it. I am planning to get one soon and do just that, once I get moved into and settled in our new house. It still will be a while though.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 05:38 PM UTC
I've wondered where you've been, Gino.

I noticed you haven't been active much.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:22 PM UTC
Yup, been a little busy w/life. Retiring from the military, moving to FL, starting a new job (HS JROTC Instructor), buying new house, etc.... Should be about another month or so before we are settled and I may be able to get back to modeling. We'll see.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:26 PM UTC
Congrats on the retirement! Gonna big a big transition huh?

Good luck with the HS JROTC!
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yup, been a little busy w/life. Retiring from the military, moving to FL, starting a new job (HS JROTC Instructor), buying new house, etc.... Should be about another month or so before we are settled and I may be able to get back to modeling. We'll see.

Retired military here as well. Where to in Florida??
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:36 PM UTC
Fort Myers / Cape Coral area.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Fort Myers / Cape Coral area.

I live in Titusville (the non-hurricane side of the state) just south of Daytona. LOL. Working at the Space Center brought me here 15 years ago.

Cool...just south of Tampa. Don't want to scare ya, but if you have a move here kinda soon, you would be in the dates of hurricane season (1 Jun - 30 Nov). Homes built on/before 2004 have code to wind ratings of 140 mph, and homes built after, from my understanding, have to be coded to 160 mph now (that includes windows and garage doors). Just a little bit of info to help you when house shopping. Big city counties have big city property taxes to boot. Counties like Orange (Orlando), Hillsborough (Tampa), Dade (Miami), are some of those counties. Some have triple the property taxes of outlying counties. My suggestion would be to find a home in south Lee County...it's more 'urban'. Unless you got big bucks, and want ocean front, or the Cape Coral city limits, those locations will almost be untouchable price wise to us mortal humans.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:00 PM UTC
Thanks John. I actually know FL pretty well. It is where I grew up (N. of Tampa in a little town named Inverness). We have already bought a home in Cape Coral on a Gulf access canal built in '07. We had all the data on the hurricane codes when looking, luckily. Insurance on older homes w/o the newer hurricane standards is crazy. Just waiting for closing now to move in. Can't wait to put the boat in the water and be able to leave/pull up to the back yard.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've wondered where you've been, Gino.

I noticed you haven't been active much.

Ditto
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 - 08:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks John. I actually know FL pretty well. It is where I grew up (N. of Tampa in a little town named Inverness). We have already bought a home in Cape Coral on a Gulf access canal built in '07. We had all the data on the hurricane codes when looking, luckily. Insurance on older homes w/o the newer hurricane standards is crazy. Just waiting for closing now to move in. Can't wait to put the boat in the water and be able to leave/pull up to the back yard.

Very cool...when I first moved here, I lived in Odessa for a year and a half before moving to the east side.

Welcome back...maybe we'll meet up some day at a meeting/contest/convention!
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 04:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

From what I can tell from the instruction scans, it is identical to the US version. All you would need to do is source/make US decals for it. I am planning to get one soon and do just that, once I get moved into and settled in our new house. It still will be a while though.

Thanks
Gino , I knew you would know, you are the expert. Congrats on your retirement, have fun at the new job. Hope everything works out.
 _GOTOTOP