Hosted by Darren Baker
Der Wharf - Trumpeter E-10
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 11:07 PM UTC
This one I think I built in 2013, kind of a what if scenario, using Trumpeter's E-10 Tank Destroyer kit, and I believe a Custom Dioramics wharf base. A old Italeri Panzer IV turret was used as possible burnt out 'street turret'. Water was made from layers of Gloss Mod Podge, the dead tree is a resin piece I acquired in 2004. Tank crewman kind of having a chuckle at the squad leader as he's yelling at his men to 'get your lazy butts up here!' Again sorry for the grainy-ness of the pics, was my old IPhone 4s. Tried using the wife's SLR camera, but the camera and I don't seem to see eye to eye, and do not have a good working relationship.

Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 03:26 AM UTC
Hey, that's the 'KellyZak' outstanding dios I remember seeing, been awhile and now need to get you going on a new project. Anything in the works? Anxious for more...please.
Truly exemplary attention to details and quality work is just superb. Really well done camo on the uniforms. There's just so much going on here, and combines so well into your storyline. Thks for sharing.

Mike
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hey Mike, Thanks! I've started constructing a Firefly for a dio down the road with a old Verlinden Bridge base, I've also posted my Dragon Wagon dio the other day, you can go check that out in here as well, and I've also done a Meng Tiger I from the World War Toons line. I do have an Elefant dio recently completed before I did the WWT Tiger, I do have some more to come during the week hopefully, as time permits!
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 06:29 AM UTC
Really nice work here! I like the amount of rubble clogging the street and the scene flows well. Just one query. In the photo looking face-on at the tank crewman, are the binoculars unpainted, or am I nit-picking?
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:38 AM UTC
Geez, nearly had a coronary there LOL Had to do a double take, yes they are painted, I painted them a desert yellow, at the time I must have had a reason, but I can't think of it now why I did it all these years later.
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:39 PM UTC
nice ! great details!
BroadSky
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:37 PM UTC
Hi Kelly,

not nit-picking but what does the title mean? Is it supposed to be German?

Nonetheless, a nice dio!

Regards,

Mark
BroadSky
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hi Kelly,

it's me again. My gorgeous wife had a really "bright" idea although she usually doesn't support my modelling (well it's more the constant buying she doesn't agree with than the modelling!)
"Why don't you simply use a translation site, you ...........!?" So out comes the German word "Kai" or "Kaimauer" which makes sense after all. Stupid me!
I know that my English isn't the best either, so I didn't want to say anything against your German you, only trying to help!

Regards,

Mark
 _GOTOTOP