MODEL SCENE NEW PRODUCTS
mrblackpublications
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 02:10 PM UTC
MODEL SCENE NEW PRODUCTS
Just received a pack with 5 excellent new products from Model Scene company of Daniel Buchtela. Daniel has set new standards in the making of accessories for dioramas and vignettes for almost every scale! They also have ready-made grounds and soils to use directly in the diorama or vignette scene. So in this pack, we can find three new codes for making realistic plants and two Extra Long Grass-Flocks.

1. Sumac (VG3-013) for 1/32-1/35 scales. In the nice clear plastic box, we have a laser cut product from colored paper. It contains 3 sheets of colored fine paper, wire and red fine flocks for flower part. It is very easy to cut from the frame, shape the plants and glue them to the terrain. The paper is thick enough so it is possible to paint the plants by acrylic or oil paints.

2. Nettle (VG3-019) for 1/32-1/35 scales. Also here in the nice clear plastic box, we have a laser cut product from colored paper. It contains 2 sheets of colored fine paper, wire and crème fine flocks for using at the flower part. It is very easy to cut from the frame, shape the plants and glue them to the terrain. The paper is thick enough so it possible to paint the plants by acrylic or oil paints without any problem.

3. Bulrush (VG3-008) for 1/32-1/35 scales. As we said before we have a laser cut product from colored paper into a nice clear plastic box. This one contains 2 sheets of colored fine paper, 1 sheet of cardboard of flower part kit, wire and brown fine flocks for flower part. It is very easy to cut from the frame (precut frame), shape the plants and glue them to the terrain. If you wish you can paint the plants by acrylic or oil paints.

4. Grass-Flock 12mm/40gr Early Summer (MS-012-03). This is a really long grass so it can be used as usual at 1/32,1/35 scales but also in bigger scales (1/24, 1/20, 1/16 etc.). Perfect to complement the new Alpine Miniatures 120mm figures!

5. Grass-Flock 12mm/40gr Spring (MS-012-01). This is also a long grass with a little different shade. It can be used in most scales as we mentioned before.

In the Grass-Flocks 12mm/40grs series, we also have, Green (MS-012-02), Late Summer (MS-012-04), Brown (MS-012-05) and Beige (MS-012-07) to choose from!

More information on the website
www.model-scene.com
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:23 AM UTC
Anyone ever worked with their paper plants? Looks good but is it? There pinetrees look good also, and rather cheap.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:53 AM UTC
I espically like the tall spruce trees. You can park German equipment, such as a Blitz radio bus under them (hiding for Allied air cover.)
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 06:21 PM UTC
Just unpacked their bulrush set but I truly have no idea how to construct it. The metal wire, leaves and flock I understand but how to use the lasercut wooden parts is beyond my knowledge. A small instructionsheet would do the trick but that's not included. Anybody out there who can help me out ?????
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 07:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just unpacked their bulrush set but I truly have no idea how to construct it. The metal wire, leaves and flock I understand but how to use the lasercut wooden parts is beyond my knowledge. A small instructionsheet would do the trick but that's not included. Anybody out there who can help me out ?????

Have you tried searching their website ? Maybe that will tell you ?
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 07:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyone ever worked with their paper plants? Looks good but is it? There pinetrees look good also, and rather cheap.

Their paper plants look very much like others I have used from Kamakazuri. Check out most of my dios and you can seee what theplants look like. Not too hard to use.
J
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 07:47 PM UTC
Nothing on the website, as far as I can see just that it's easy......I've just mailed the guy.
Didn't know you post any dio's here Jerry...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 08:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nothing on the website, as far as I can see just that it's easy......I've just mailed the guy.
Didn't know you post any dio's here Jerry...

OK,I get it but I just wasn't sure if you knew I used these paper plants a lot. Trying to be helpful.
J
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 09:36 PM UTC
Yep, checked your posts but in the box there are the following items:
Some pieces of green metalwire, 2 sheets With leaves, 1 sheet of cardboard of flower part kit, wire and brown fine flocks for flower part and a sheet with small, wooden, laser cut, roudels.
Now I don't get that part and the cardboardsheet. Did you ever make the bulrush?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep, checked your posts but in the box there are the following items:
Some pieces of green metalwire, 2 sheets With leaves, 1 sheet of cardboard of flower part kit, wire and brown fine flocks for flower part and a sheet with small, wooden, laser cut, roudels.
Now I don't get that part and the cardboardsheet. Did you ever make the bulrush?

All the parts you mentioned sound like they make the bullrush and its' leaves. Maybe the wooden parts are for making small bases to set the plants in ?
HTH,
J
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 01:13 AM UTC

I guess the small sheet has stuff to make the thick brown top of the rush but there are different shapes and sizes. The small roundels......shoot me Anybody ever used this stuff before ?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess the small sheet has stuff to make the thick brown top of the rush but there are different shapes and sizes. The small roundels......shoot me Anybody ever used this stuff before ?

The better thing about the Kamikazuri brand is they come with a diagram.
J
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:01 AM UTC
Yep, guess you're right..
 _GOTOTOP