_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Vallejo v MIG
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:22 AM UTC
Anyone know what the story was with the falling out between these 2?
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:47 AM UTC
First of all Vallejo who? .... Vallejo understood as the family that owns "Vallejo Acrylics" or Vallejo who owns "AK interactive" because at the expense of the last name they are not related at all is only a coincidence, Vallejo is a very common surname in Spain
joepanzer
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:56 AM UTC
question was pretty straight forward
squad95
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 04:35 PM UTC
From what I was told Mig had an affair with Vallejos wife. Making him then set up AK and then Mig.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 05:51 PM UTC
Fernando Vallejo and Mig started AK Interactive. At no time has Fernando Vallejo been connected to Acrylicos Vallejo, the Vallejo brand of paint. Mig and Fernando Vellejo than had some sort of falling out and Mig started AMMO by Mig. Since their agreement was all verbal there was no protection for Mig and the other guy who was fired without notice.

http://www.daxmagic.nl/engels/akinteractive/index.php

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/6965/mig-jimenez-vallejo-big-falling
joepanzer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 02:21 AM UTC
So, a lot of he said/he said.

chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 02:42 AM UTC
More likely the most common human virtues .... jealousy and greed

Cheers
Christopher
Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 02:53 AM UTC
The days of doing business on a handshake are long gone. Get everything in writing or you're gonna get screwed. But considering that others voluntarily left when Mig and the other guy were fired kind of shows that someone was out screw someone over and not just a business gone bad.
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 04:04 AM UTC
Where does mig productions fit into all this???
Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 04:38 AM UTC
After the shakeup at AK, he left and started his own company with his name on it.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if you want a Mig Jimenez "timeline" is like that...MIG Production, after AK and then Ammo
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 06:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This has come up before... although there are plenty of their products still on sale through various resellers, it seems that no company of that name now exists, indeed Jose Rodriguez stated this in this forum in March. The web page www.migproductions.com is still there, but is blank except for a single dash... Last Twitter activity from their account was Jan 2016, appears to be no Facebook account. Unless someone starts it up again, I assume eventually the supply of that brand of products will dry up (excuse the pun).

Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

This has come up before... although there are plenty of their products still on sale through various resellers, it seems that no company of that name now exists, indeed Jose Rodriguez stated this in this forum in March. The web page www.migproductions.com is still there, but is blank except for a single dash... Last Twitter activity from their account was Jan 2016, appears to be no Facebook account. Unless someone starts it up again, I assume eventually the supply of that brand of products will dry up (excuse the pun).

Wrong site. His new issue of The Weathering Magazine just came out. http://www.migjimenez.com/. His twitter account was active Oct 6. I don't facebook but a search showed their facebook page had recent activity.

https://m.facebook.com/MigJimenez/
Mig_Jimenez
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / España
KitMaker: 200 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:45 PM UTC
Do you want to hear from me directly? the real history?
I never wanted to explain the true during many years, but now I don't take care anymore....so here the real story:

-1998-2001: I was publishing articles around the world and in that time I helped for free to ACRYLIC VALLEJO to promote their paints. In that time their reputation and quality were a bit ***. I helped to explain in my articles how to use it.

-2002: I started MIG PRODUCTIONS FACTORY with my ex wife (well, to be correct girlfriend)at 50% each. She took care of the finances and money, and me about the rest.

-2007: I Split with my ex. we continue working together. I created ABTEILUNG 501 Brand as a present to our paint manufacturer. (Surprise!!!)

-2008: After bad pressions from she, she forced me to give her everything, my money, houses and company. But I was able to continue taking care of my Little son, who I took care since one year alone.(I don't need to give more details about it, right?) But after I signed to give her everything she kick me out of company. My only fight was to have the custody of my son.

-2009: While I was homeless half year, Adam Wilder and my ex were running MIg productions while both of them fought against me to retire the custody of my son (I have documents which prove it)

-2009 Because I was embarrased of my situation and bad luck, I just told to the comunity that I just sold out my part of my company to continue making models alone (just lie because my shame)

-2009 Fernando vallejo contacted me créate a new company. I was in a critic situation and I accepted. I créate AK Interactive. He just controled the money while I made everything, including web site, design, dvds. products and books. I provide contacts to him and customers and I teached him how to manage a company. He was my modeler customer before and he was running a kind of book store-kiosk.

-2010 Under the excuse I was in problems with my ex, he told me not include me in the company documents and contract. He was my friend so I trust him. We agreed 50% each.

-2013. After I solved all my problems with my ex, I pushed him to legalice my situation in the company documents. His reply: Now the company give a lot of money. I cannot do that now. He kicked me out later after a trip of promotion of AK in Mexico. Seems many wiesels want to took my position inside AK too.

-2013 Few months later I created AMMO with my loyal friends and actual wife Elizabeth. AK forced me to go courts because he thought I made unloyal competence. He lost in the courts after a big fight. I lost the rights of all my creations. My lawer was a noob.

-2016. Mig productions was closed due many legal problems. My ex sold to AK my old Brand name Mig productions. Why? No idea. So funny. AK took Abteilung Brand from my ex-paint Factory to sell again my old products under that Brand. So confusing for market and under my opinión a fail movement.

-2017 My Wife got Brain cáncer due the excess of work and problems during the last years with AK. Now she cannot work, but fortuntaly AMMO is bigger than any of my preview brands, with 29 employers, a big Factory and with strong contracts and agreements with the bigger actual brands like TAKOM, Model Collect, Ryefield, Tiger Models, GWH, KINETIC, AMUSING Hobbies, GSI Creos Mr Hobby, Kotobukiya and Artbox, plus many other brands. I have pay a big toll in my life and now finally I don't take care of others or about my pass. I just own my life to all who supported us since the begining. It is my story, a story of lies, traitors, bad friends, envy, money and a lack of love for modelling from all those who sourronded my life. Now my duty is continue living for the modeling comunity. Other comments that can say something about my story are just false.

And now...I have a Merkava I in my workbench....by the way...great details and easy to build.

Thanks and enjoy.

:-)

By the way, visit our web site:

www.migjimenez.com

In Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MigJimenez/

In YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/AMMOofMIGJIMENEZ

And here a nice group of weathering:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMMOmigjimenez/
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:02 PM UTC
Wow...I didn't see anything like this coming, nevertheless well explained thus greatly appreciated, Mig. I'm glad to hear your new enterprise is picking up. I wish all the best, most importantly for your wife, for yourself and Ammo!
I'm happy to hear that Takom's new Merkava I has good details and easy to build as I'm planning to build it myself...
joepanzer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:58 PM UTC
Yes, thank you for the explanation.

I will adjust my "Buying Preferences" accordingly.

Sorry that you have been through so much at a young age, but sounds like you are strong.
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:19 AM UTC

I hope and pray that your wife is doing ok. That's the really important thing. Off to buy some of your products.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:50 AM UTC
Indeed most important of all these is your wife's health and i wish for the best!Everything else can be solved either way!Keep up the good work and great efforts for modelling community
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 01:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wrong site

No, sorry, the question was about "Mig Productions" the company, which is defunct, not "Mig Jimenez" the person, whom as we can see above is still going strong, with his company "Ammo". Also, I always thought Abteilung used to be part of Mig Productions, glad to see that cleared up too.

Some journey anyway, Mig, I hope you have the movie rights nailed down . Thanks for all that you've done, and all the best to you and Elizabeth.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:26 AM UTC
Two years ago when I decided to move form strictly enamels and lacquers after decades to mostly acrylics I spent almost a year reading, watching vids, visiting forums and I saw this topic on many forums. But like anything on the internet I took it all with a grain of salt as second and third hand news is often distorted beyond belief.

It's nice to get the news from the horses mouth. Thanks.

Mig, if you are still lurking around here, I understand the fight you and your wife are enduring. My older brother had brain cancer and I know first hand what you are going through. My respect and best wishes to you and your wife.
studiocityslicker
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 02:10 AM UTC
I'm very late to reply, but may I wash you the BEST OF EVERYTHING Mig! You almost singlehandedly revolutionized modeling with your techniques, your use of acrylics, your videos and your LOVE OF THE HOBBY and your amazing persona in your videos and live appearances.

I just was doing a search when I found this, to MAKE SURE that the products I buy actually help you out financially. So AMMO it is, siempre amigo ;-)

Michael Lee Smith
 _GOTOTOP