Hosted by Darren Baker
PAVN SA-2s
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 01:17 AM UTC
Greetins, All. I have a Trumpy SA-2 showing up in the mail on Monday. I am leaning towards a PAVN version. What colors were used for the mottled camo on the war time ones? Also, was that field applied or factory? Where the stencils painted over? Around? Re applied? Were the launchers ever camoed? I did find a photo of a PAVN missile in that sharp looking grey/ dark blue-grey scheme usually seen on Middle East ones. Is that post 75? Thanks.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi;

NVA SA-2s were Jungle Green with Brown Splotges over the Missile body, and only the most common used stencils were over painted in Vietnamese ! The SAM sites were always covered with camo; until there area was on alert for incoming raids. On area's that were Targeted the most like Downtown the Missiles were left in there Normal color.

CHEERS; MIKE.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 02:24 AM UTC
On the SA-2 launcher there seems to be connector between the launch rail and a bracket at the front of the control box in the middle of the unit. From the photos there doesn't appear to be a rod or piston between the two points in ones that are clearly operational, but is there on museum pieces. On the kit there are spots to attach a piston or something. Trumpeter's imagination? Were using a museum piece for reference and added a feature for display purpose (Seems to brace the rail in a raised position) or is something for transport mode (not a logical answer, but ..)
 _GOTOTOP