_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M4A3 Beelzebub
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 06:43 AM UTC
Gathering stuff for my next project, the M4A3 on Iwo Jima named Beelzebub and wanted to make sure I get the right kit- I was looking at the Dragon 35th M4A3(75) ETO kit 6698 and replacing the split hatch with the later cupola. Do I need to witch anything else? Are the return rollers the right time on the bogies?

Also, if anyone has a picture or pictures of Beelzebub, I would appreciate it. I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

PS, other AM I have for it are:
Hard Corps wood and cement armor plus their hatch cages.
Verinden's rear deck water tank
Bronco's T-51 tracks for the hull and turret armor
2002hummer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 812 posts
Armorama: 110 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:59 AM UTC
Jason Try the following link. It is a link to a Google picture page of Beelzebub tank.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=M4A3+named+Beelzebub&num=30&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=xejjHXfK54O3vM%253A%252CYXL1ttnUCkFGUM%252C_&usg=__8l2ytiDLoB_3SXVkAwrsnxpTcHo%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv263QjbPXAhUB0IMKHZ8CC4YQ9QEILDAB#imgrc=xejjHXfK54O3vM:
Homer0331
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:06 AM UTC
That kit is a great starting point. If I remember correctly, the kit contains the correct vision cupola for an M4A3 on Iwo Jima. The kit also contains the correct tracks with extended end connectors.

Beezelbub was a 4th Battalion tank. You are looking for wood plank side armor, sandbags over the rear deck and the lower portion of the wading trunks still attached. Track links welded to the turret sides and wire mesh covers over the hatches.

The tank would have been in overall Olive Drab with Black, Yellow and Red Brown camo hand painted on her.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/images/Iwo%20A.jpg
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:48 PM UTC

Thanks. It seems like there are pics of the actual tank out there too, but I cannot find them. People mention them in old message board posts
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That kit is a great starting point. If I remember correctly, the kit contains the correct vision cupola for an M4A3 on Iwo Jima. The kit also contains the correct tracks with extended end connectors.

Beezelbub was a 4th Battalion tank. You are looking for wood plank side armor, sandbags over the rear deck and the lower portion of the wading trunks still attached. Track links welded to the turret sides and wire mesh covers over the hatches.

The tank would have been in overall Olive Drab with Black, Yellow and Red Brown camo hand painted on her.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/images/Iwo%20A.jpg

Yes, the have the correct cupola, but don't include the clear parts. Luckily I have a spare. Thanks for the rest of the info- I have Dave Harpers old sandbag sets too
 _GOTOTOP