_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
News
Ammo of Mig: Aircobra Airbrush
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 04:17 AM UTC

Aircobra is the first AMMO airbrush specifically designed for modelers. Featuring all attributes required to perform a wide range of tasks, with the precision required for modellers.rn

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ilfil62
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 05:26 AM UTC
"...the first AMMO airbrush specifically designed for modelers..."
?????????
For what and whom the other brands are designed then? Maybe for furniture and walls painting?
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"...the first AMMO airbrush specifically designed for modelers..."
?????????
For what and whom the other brands are designed then? Maybe for furniture and walls painting?

It's just marketing, as everybody does, you could make an endless list of stuff "formulated specifically for modelers", from pigments to oils and other chemicals, tools, etc .. i buy the "Panzer Putty" for half price but I run a very high risk because on my box there is no written "specifically formulated for modeling makers" ....

if I remember even when years ago MIG Production did the same with an AB "specifically designed for modelers" there was a big mess for the same thing

kefran
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 06:34 AM UTC
in what this would be better than any Iwata or H&S ??? and didn't you yet made an "airbrush specifically designed for modelers" in the past ?
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:02 AM UTC
I went to their site to see, it looks like a nice AB,for me is produced by Badger,some parts look identical to my Patriot and also some accessories are very similar, like the Thumb rest, and since the Ammo already rebrand their Primer Stynylrez and say the AB is made in USA for me Badger seems the most likely suspect, love the selfcentring nozzle and I like the idea of reversible nozzle cap guard ... it's sold at 119.95 Euro
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 04:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Airbrushes have a lot of uses out there. Retouching photos (that was before photoshop but I bet there someone still doing it), painting nails, body paint, motorbike tanks and helmets, pictures, t-shirts... anything that can be done with a brush.

I am not saying that design it with modellers in mind means a big difference (I have no idea of how it affects, in fact) but it is true that the rest of the brands are for general use, just look at iwata or H&S websites.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 06:24 PM UTC
Looks nice, and Mig raking in the bucks yet again.

I bet a Millionaire by now.

Cheers

Jeff
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Airbrushes have a lot of uses out there. Retouching photos (that was before photoshop but I bet there someone still doing it), painting nails, body paint, motorbike tanks and helmets, pictures, t-shirts... anything that can be done with a brush.

I am not saying that design it with modellers in mind means a big difference (I have no idea of how it affects, in fact) but it is true that the rest of the brands are for general use, just look at iwata or H&S websites.

.... either which way ... you are just spraying liquid (paint) under pressure on a surface .... so where is the "Rocket-science" for modelers in this ?

Cheers
Christopher
ilfil62
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you want to say that in the very first attempt to paint something that isn't model this first in the universe thing will block automatically the air or the paint flow, or both?
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:51 PM UTC
Common guys, give poor MIG a break.

Of course, this airbrush is made by one of the few airbrush manufacturers, and not by the MIG company itself.

And of course, their paint most likely made by one big paint manufacturer, maybe the same that supplies other brands of modelling paint...

And their books are all printed by ...

But this is the same in all walks of life isn't it. Just look at your car and look how many parts are made by "Bosch" instead of VW, BMW, Audi ... or look inside your computer ...

The only relevant questions are (aside from the marketing):

what does it cost, where is it available, and most importantly how does it perform.

I hope someone tests it and writes a review.

ilfil62
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

But this is the same in all walks of life isn't it. Just look at your car and look how many parts are made by "Bosch" instead of VW, BMW, Audi ...

No, it isn't the same. To take your example, did VW, BMW, Audi ... ever promote their products as "first ever car specifically designed for motorists"?
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 01:04 PM UTC
Oh my god!...sue him if is such criminal acts!...is just marketing like Nivea men.....same as the classic one but more expensive or showers cleaner same as the glass cleaner but green....or panadol special for period pains same as the generic one but the box is pink!...AK sell as tons of paint of perfect OD ,dunkelgelb,panzergray etc....but now they say to as that was junk and we have to buy the new line real colour because this time they are really accurate....at least until the make a new line again....we can continue forever and ever...I think we are old enough to understand the difference from marketing and reality...or at least I can without loose my sleep at night
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 01:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

did VW, BMW, Audi ... ever promote their products as "first ever car specifically designed for motorists"?

Specifically that slogna, probably not, but maybe only because they haven't thought about it yet.

The car industry does have slogans that are a bit over the top as well, just have a look:

http://www.advergize.com/slogans-list/car-slogans/

Admit that e.g. a car manufacturer claiming that it is the "The heartbeat of America" is slightly over the top.
ilfil62
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 02:45 PM UTC
Nice slogans there, thanks for that. But I'm afraid you've totally missed the point.
Removed by original poster on 07/08/19 - 20:13:27 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP