_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Live Resin: Polaris ATV, Stowage and Figures!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:31 AM UTC

Live Resin kept their promise, releasing Polaris Quad kit in 1/35 scale, along with several stowage sets and Spec Ops figures. Wow!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
henkp
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,080 posts
Armorama: 1,064 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:33 AM UTC
so cool
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:53 AM UTC
very cool
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:01 PM UTC
Here is an interesting post on how to decide on whether to buy a seated or standing ATV rider:

hhttps://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/129013-atv-riding-techniques.html

The 1/35 ATV looks amazingly realistic and it's great to see all the options for it. I'll post my thoughts on the long Live-Resin thread (90 pages and counting) instead of this one.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 03:14 AM UTC
Yaroslav, this is an awesome ATV! However, I do have to ask you a question and make a strong suggestion too...do you plan to make clear resin covers for the ATV headlights? I see the little resin lightbulbs, but without clear headlight lenses, the ATV doesn’t quite look correct and real.

I hope to see clear headlight covers for sale ASAP. I think that’s the most needed ATV accessory not for sale just yet.

Thanks,
Peter
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 07:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here is an interesting post on how to decide on whether to buy a seated or standing ATV rider:

hhttps://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/129013-atv-riding-techniques.html

The 1/35 ATV looks amazingly realistic and it's great to see all the options for it. I'll post my thoughts on the long Live-Resin thread (90 pages and counting) instead of this one.

My 2 cents...I can not understand anyone planting their butt in the seat of a moving ATV. Perhaps because my own ATV is a much smaller 250cc 4 wheel drive Yammer-hammer Wolverine, but my butt is usually up off the seat. The knees absorb shock, and you can shift your weight as needed to keep the wheels down. I have been in grass high enough to need to stand to look over as well. The seated figure should have a beer in one hand, as that is when you'd be seated...and stopped. LOL
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 09:55 AM UTC
Wow indeed! Amazing detail! Lookingn forward to whatever they offer in the future!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

do you plan to make clear resin covers for the ATV headlights? I see the little resin lightbulbs, but without clear headlight lenses, the ATV doesn’t quite look correct and real.

Seeing a transparent red piece in the back, I would say the headlight lenses are in the set, but not added to the built sample.

Mario
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

do you plan to make clear resin covers for the ATV headlights? I see the little resin lightbulbs, but without clear headlight lenses, the ATV doesn’t quite look correct and real.

Seeing a transparent red piece in the back, I would say the headlight lenses are in the set, but not added to the built sample.

Mario

Yes, Yaroslav replied saying that four clear lenses are provided for the headlights, but in his rush to take photos, he didn't glue them on. It's a complete kit.
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 - 02:04 AM UTC
Looks great mine is ordered, hard to choose between drivers. I know you said Live Resin won't do it in 1/16 so I am hoping Legend might
Would love to have this in 1/16!!!! Actually I would buy two in 1/16 with the different drivers
Great work!!!
 _GOTOTOP