_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dang Bronco CROWS II ... testing my patience
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 08:37 AM UTC
Anyone built this thing?

It’s like Bronco went out if their way to make it out if as many tiny parts as possible. Ridiculous... and the instructions are pretty crude.

I wanted to add it to my M1114, but after a few hours of frustration and eye strain, I think I’m gonna pass.

Does anyone make a CROWS II other than Bronco?
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 09:01 AM UTC
I believe Live Resin makes one. I want to say Blast Models out of France made one too, but I am not 100% sure if it was Crows I or II

Oh, and Dragon and Academy have them in their M1A2 SEP v.2 kits
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:11 PM UTC
I've built Bronco's CROWS (here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/233915&ord=&page=1) and of course it's not as good as Live Resin one. Although still very good in my opinion. No bigger problems during assembly, but I had to study some photos of original to build it right - the instructions aren't perfect, I agree.
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 03:29 PM UTC
Bruce, Live Resin's is a beautiful piece. It has very small pieces, vague assembly instructions and since it is resin, must be assembled with cyanoacrylate. The detail is the best on the market though. You can look at the assembly instructions on their website to get an idea in advance of what you're about to embark on. A plus is they are about to release a whole line of CROWS II turrets with different weapons and mounts for different vehicles like the Abrams and the HMMWV.

Regards,

Eric
 _GOTOTOP