_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1114 HMMWV Antenna Configurations
mmarchioli
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:50 AM UTC
Hi Guys!

I need a little help. I am currently building the Bronco M1114 Uparmored Humvee kit shown below.

I was planning to use one of the anti-IED antennas on the build, similar to this:

But I have not been able to find photo reference of this combination. Does anyone know if these antennas were used on this version of the M1114?

Thanks for the help
Mike
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 05:54 AM UTC
Mike, here is a photo I found recently. It shows the configuration you want as well as a couple of cool extra mods like the Water/Gas can rack and the ammo box. I have no idea who owns the photo:

This configuration is much more common and can be seen on both Army and USMC trucks:

Disregard the second set of doors bolted to this one. I have photos of this config with the Frag 5 doors but from farther away. Hope these help.

Regards,

Eric
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:03 AM UTC
Mike, I am sorry about the above post. I realize now that you are asking if the M1114 without the Frag 5 and the OGPK turret can have the DUKE antenna. I looked through all of the photos I've been able to find and haven't seen that combination. I think the trucks started to receive the heavier armor about the time the DUKE went into service. The USMC used the cameleon system on its M1114 but they had the MCTAGS turret and the USMC unique doors.

Regards,

Eric
mmarchioli
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, I am sorry about the above post. I realize now that you are asking if the M1114 without the Frag 5 and the OGPK turret can have the DUKE antenna. I looked through all of the photos I've been able to find and haven't seen that combination. I think the trucks started to receive the heavier armor about the time the DUKE went into service. The USMC used the cameleon system on its M1114 but they had the MCTAGS turret and the USMC unique doors.

Regards,

Eric

No problem Eric. They are nice pictures and good reference anyway. I think you have confirmed what I thought, the duke antenna was a later mod then the light armor version of the 1114. I will press on!

Thanks for the help!
 _GOTOTOP