_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Kittyhawk to do two ATV?
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:27 PM UTC
As seen here, https://toylandhobbymodelingmagazinepublishing.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/1-35-ph35007-ph35027-2-atvs-soon/

Makes for some choice now, with a few of these on the market.

Kylie
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:38 PM UTC
They are actually M-ATVs (MRAP All-Terrain Vehicle), but they do look nice.

The one with the Objective Gunner Protection Kit (OGPK) manned turret is an M1240, it becomes an M1240A1 when fitted with the Underbody Improvement Kit (UIK).

The one fitted with CROWS remote-controlled weapon station (RCWS) is an M1277.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:54 PM UTC
The green camo version looks really nice.. So on that version you can not use the duke antennas? Or have they just not only not included them...
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:18 AM UTC
So is 35007 just the same as their previous M-ATV with CROWS II? The kit numbers are the same.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:28 AM UTC
Panda Hobby, not Kittyhawk. The latter is the same company's brand for all and only their aircraft releases.
aleluya
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So is 35007 just the same as their previous M-ATV with CROWS II? The kit numbers are the same.

According to some insider of this project these 2 M-ATV have some significant improvements of their previous molds. which means it now has much better fitting than their first release. Up to the standard of their newly released Maxxpro w/DXM suspension
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:31 AM UTC
As with any new company panda had some early kit issues. Just like in there kittyhawk line of planes they have gotten better with every molding. Just wanted to drop this here before the normal panda bashing starts. Remember the scud out Dragon put out in there early days. I am just happy to have new odd subjects.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

According to some insider of this project these 2 M-ATV have some significant improvements of their previous molds. which means it now has much better fitting than their first release. Up to the standard of their newly released Maxxpro w/DXM suspension

If 35007 is improved, I hope they change the box art or something- their old kit is still out there with the same kit number
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As with any new company panda had some early kit issues. Just like in there kittyhawk line of planes they have gotten better with every molding. Just wanted to drop this here before the normal panda bashing starts. Remember the scud out Dragon put out in there early days. I am just happy to have new odd subjects.

Yes amd the new Maxxpro Dash is a really nice kit so they have been much better
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yes amd the new Maxxpro Dash is a really nice kit so they have been much better

The Maxxpro is definitely an improvement over the M-ATV, but still has some fit issues, basic interior with missing radios and the nets behind the seats, awkwardly placed knock out pins and misaligned mold seams
exgrunt
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The green camo version looks really nice.. So on that version you can not use the duke antennas? Or have they just not only not included them...

Not 100% sure but I think the only place that the US has the green cammo'd vehicles is S. Korea. As such, I highly doubt that they would need Duke or any of the other anti-IED devices mounted.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not 100% sure but I think the only place that the US has the green cammo'd vehicles is S. Korea. As such, I highly doubt that they would need Duke or any of the other anti-IED devices mounted.

Thanks for the info
 _GOTOTOP