_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MiniArt: Modern US Tank Crew 37005
bankmannl
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 06:24 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Does anyone has any idea when this item will be released ?
Long overdue !

TIA !

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:18 PM UTC
Miniart recently made a move of their facilities so things are delayed. Look at what happened to the US Horsemen set. The sculpting had to be redone.

I'm to the point now that with announcements if it says February. I'll expect it in April.
B2Blain
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:21 AM UTC
If the release is delayed, could I combine the Legend body armor torso with the Miniart Modern US Marine tanker set to get OIF tankers from 2003?

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/lvrlre35124.htm

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:41 AM UTC
No, the Live-Resin torso you linked to is a later version called IOTV (Improved Outer Tactical Vest) that wasn't fielded until about '07. IOTV is split on the sides and goes over the head, with velcro closures on both sides.

IOTV

The forthcoming Mini Art 37005 set is wearing IOTVs and only good for after about '07 to present US Army tankers.

For early OIF from the '03 invasion until 30 Apr '08 (IBAS no longer authorized after that date), you want IBAS (Intercepot Body Armor System) vests. IBAS is split down the front like a civilian vest and closes with a velcro flap down the center of the chest.

IBAS

You can add any IBAS torso with the rest of the modern Marine tankers to get early OIF Army and Marine tankers. IBAS comes on the Alpine US Tankers, Dragon's Modern Marines, and a few other sets.

_GOTOTOP