_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Finished M1234 Maxxpro with base 1/35
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 01:31 AM UTC
Hello Guys,

I wanna share with you Guys my latest model I finished in January. The M1234 MaxxPro Plus from Kinetic with Def Models conversion set. I always loved MaxxPro and always wanted to build a quite unique looking vehicle. Few years ago I bought the base kit then I started to wait a couple years until someone realese the Plus Conversion kit. Eventually DEF Models did, so it was time to buy it and start to build this puppy.

What can I say, I spent about 6 month on the vehicle itself and another one month on the base/diorama. Did some simple scratchworks on the interio, I made some wires, cables and extras was not included in the base kit. Basically the Kinetic kit is great and except some small fitting issues on the resin parts everything went together very well. Nothing major.. I really enjoyed the build. The IED sensor on the front and the M2 machine gun on the turret is from the Meng’s Cougar kit. I also used some other Meng equipment sets for the vehicle + bought the Bronco’s Led searchlight set B & C. The wire mitigation kit was made of simpe fence wire.

Since I have never made any base/diorama it was a really high time to do that. I really wanted to do some simple base for this vehicle, not a busy one but one which looks good enough and give a little extra to this vehicle. Originally I didnt even want to paint any figures at all I just wanted to put Maxy in the center but the base what I ordered became a little bit bigger than I expected with a big empty place around the MRAP. It was no question: I have to paint my very first figures!! Well…. picking the Opearational Camouflage Pattern for the first job was not the smartest step. But I really like this camo! The figures are from a Master Box (US Checkpoint) kit. And yes I just wanted to paint only two figures. I dont say its the best job I have ever done in my modeling carreer but maybe its close what I wanted.

Not to mention the base. I have never done any dioramas either, but I think it turned out not too bad. In 90% I used Ak interactive weathering products and diroama materials, other 10% is from different brands like, MIG and Vallejo etc etc. Subtle weathering what I always prefer!

I dont wanna write a novel now just wanted to share my work with you Guys. The work I always dreamed about to do. Hope you will like it Guys! If you have questions pls let me know. If you want to see the build pictures of the vehicle and base you can find pictures on my facebook page and also on my youtube channel.

My channel name is Peter’s Scale World both on FB and Youtube.

Cheers!

leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 01:59 AM UTC
Very nice model, will save the photos for reference to my kit.. Thanks for showing us the kit.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 02:05 AM UTC
Very nice, well done. This is a huge vehicle and the figures reveal the size!!!
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 06:31 AM UTC
well done on the build ,and I realy like the base ,thanks for shareing .
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 05:59 PM UTC
I really like your job. A great model, very good and gently dusty.
pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hello
the MAXX PRO is great, DEF MODEL conversion with overblinding transforms the vehicle, the diorama is simple, I like the two US soldiers.
A+
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:56 PM UTC
Great job. great details !!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 08:36 PM UTC
Well done! Nice, clean build, base is simple but effective, figures look great. Very nice, indeed. Al
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:18 PM UTC
A lot of electronic devices on this one !

The MEAP armor gives a strange look to the MaxxPro.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 05:53 PM UTC
Great job and unique version of the MAXXPRO. Did you face problems with fitting the DEFMODELS conversion on the Kinetic model kit?
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:33 PM UTC
As far as I remember mostly I had problems only with the below two resin side parts. The one which goes to the left side has a better fitting, but the other one which goes to the right..... huhhhh
Believe it or not I fixed these with white glue in order to have enough time to place the into the proper position.

I think the problem comes because the resin side parts are a bit longer then they should and if you put them into the correct position it will end up a much bigger gap (what you can see on the second picture) between the hull and the rear wall.

On the other hand there is also a bigger gap between the resin side parts and the upper hull then it should but fortunately the side armor will cover that at the end. Anway all of the other parts fitting very well I think!

aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply. According to manufacturer of the MAXXPRO: https://www.navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/vehicles/maxxpromrap/maxxpro_plus these gaps exist. Did you remove any parts from the hull of the kinetic kit according to DEF'S instructions?
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 06:02 PM UTC
Yes I had to. If you want to fit the side panels, you definately need to. But its not a big deal, little cutting and sanding and there you go.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 02:24 PM UTC
Thanks a lot!
 _GOTOTOP