_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Standard Beaverette Restoration
TylerB
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hi,

I have had a great interest in these vehicle for many years and had done quite a bit of research already, I had considered building a full size working replica of a Beaverette but other ex military vehicle restorations/projects got in the way.

I was then fortunate enough to come across one available for the 1st time in 20+ years so snapped it up.
So as the dream is now a reality I now need to crack on, hence my post on here.

Does anyone have any photo's, manuals, sources of information etc, or parts relevant to Beaverette's as I now have one which I am in the process of restoring.

Also does anyone have the following Tankette MAFVA Magazine Vol.20 No.2: be it a copy spare or able to scan a copy as I have recently purchased a Standard Beaverette and photos would be most useful to the restoration effort.

Many Thanks

Tyler
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 01:32 AM UTC
Sounds like an interesting project Tyler. Congratulations. What Mark of Beaverette are you restoring?
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 03:10 AM UTC
Tyler, sorry if its obvious , have you contacted MAFVA directly to see if they have one?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 07:27 AM UTC
Perhaps someone at the Standard Motor Club can assist?

https://www.standardmotorclub.org.uk/index.html

Their Beaverette page is dated, but you might get lucky with someone that can help.

https://www.standardmotorclub.org.uk/page786.html

Given the outlay you are likely planning, maybe the manual will be worth purchasing:

http://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/standard-beaverettemkivmaintenance-manual-2328-p.asp
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 12:41 PM UTC
I did respond to your other post on this subject but maybe you haven’t seen it.
TylerB
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 01:44 PM UTC
Mine is either a mk3 or 4. The only remains of the armored body is the front glacis plate, 18" / foot wells of the bulkhead and the lower sills, the rest is Kaput.
But there are shared aspects from the Mk1 upto the Mk4 so infomation on any marks isof use.

Tankette MAFVA Magazine Vol.20 No.2 and Vol.32 No.2 would be of great use, as the photos in that are not available elsewhere and are shots that show good details like the interior etc.

I have contacted MAFVA (awaiting response).
I have already posted on the Standard Motor Club but it is rather quite and seems to deal mainly with the Civi side of things.

From my research this is a previously unknown survivor, there are 10 survivors that I am aware of at present, including my example.

My email is [email protected] if anyone has any artical's etc

This is the listing for my one.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1943-STANDARD-TRIUMPH-BEAVERETTE-EX-ARMOURED-CAR-VERY-RARE-RUNS-amp-DRIVES-LOOK-/201991551646?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=1467488985947&nma=true&si=Pxp8K33X%252BmXQTsfde5UsehZCvho%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p204767

Thanks for all the replys.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 09:42 PM UTC
Tyler, here's a link to our Warwheels.net vehicle index on the Mark 3: http://www.warwheels.net/Beaverette3INDEX.html . No posted info on the Mark 4; yet. Sorry.

It's not much, but there are some interior pics of the Duxford vehicle.

I'll see what else I can dig up for you.
 _GOTOTOP