_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri/Zvezda 1/35 Soviet BT5, Republican Fo
champy
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 103 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 06:04 PM UTC
This is the finished build of the BT5 from Italeri, I added the Aber photo etch set to it and after market tracks from Bronco. These tracks are not strictly for a BT5 they’re for a BT 7, some BT5s we’re equipped with these tracks and the design is from 1937 however it is extremely unlikely that any Spanish BT5s would have these later tracks. I used them to ease the task of shaping them over the back of the tank.

I replaced the front fenders with thin plastic card as the kit parts didn’t really look right.

I used standard Russian AFV colours from MRP and used Tamiya acrylics for the figure and turret, the lower ring of colour on the turret is purple but due to the camera settings it’s coming off a bit blue!

I did add a few small additions in the form of stones in the wheels (as seen in the reference pic below), opened up one of the pistol ports, took off one of the straps along the side to leave the other hanging etc. I find these small things all add up to bring detail and interest to the model. I intend to place this on a small base with a hard surface at a later date.

Below you can see what be hollowed out the gun barrel and lights, the latter were painted silver and a lens was cut from clear plastic food packaging. A nice addition here would have been to add a bulb and crack one of the lenses (but you have to stop somewhere!).

ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 11:34 PM UTC
Nicely done!
 _GOTOTOP