_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bradley Floaty-thingy on A2 variant
thx1138
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:18 PM UTC
While doing random research I came across this.

I think this is an M2A2 (or M3A2), since it's IFOR period, added armour etc. But I can still clearly see the amphibious floatation screen in the stowed position. But weren't these removed from the A2 ?
Or were they removed from the later A2-ODS ?

Grtz
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 11:07 PM UTC
Another IFOR Bradley with a similar setup :

"A Russian BTR 80 Personnel Carrier (right) from the Russian Military Police, 1st Battalion Airborne Brigade, 76th Airborne Division parks next to a Bradley Fighting Vehicle from B troop, 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 1st Armored Division for a moment during a joint patrol around the Serbian town of Zvornik on the afternoon of 29 February 96 in support of Operation Joint Endeavor."

Full size

H.P.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 01:25 AM UTC
The flotation collar and its associated gear (support rods) was removed as part of the M2A2 ODS mods, which took place incrementally after ODS ('90-'91) as vehicles went through depot-level rebuild. Some Brads did not get the depot-level rebuilds until the late '90s.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

While doing random research I came across this.

I think this is an M2A2 (or M3A2), since it's IFOR period, added armour etc. But I can still clearly see the amphibious floatation screen in the stowed position. But weren't these removed from the A2 ?
Or were they removed from the later A2-ODS ?

Grtz

Many ODS upgrades (MWOs) were done piecemeal and not all in one fell swoop for vehicles in the field. So you'll end up with vehicles in various stages of upgrades. Leaving the swim barrier on is one of those "no big deal" items because it's not like it's hurting anything.
 _GOTOTOP