_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Studebaker US6 questions
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi experts,
While building my Italeri (= ICM) Studer model, I've found the following problems:

Between the rear axle springs, there's a u-shaped rod (part 78 A) that also appears in all GMC truck kits. While it is installed vertically there (bend pointing down), ICM wants it in a slanted position - w/o telling whether a forward or backwards slant. Any information?

Presuming that the engine block was not painted OD, I wonder what color it was, besides black air filter and similar parts.

Finally: I want my cab doors open(ing), but can't find photos of the hinges, especially the upper ones - where should I look?

Thanks in advance for any help.

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 09:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi experts,
While building my Italeri (= ICM) Studer model, I've found the following problems:

Between the rear axle springs, there's a u-shaped rod (part 78 A) that also appears in all GMC truck kits. While it is installed vertically there (bend pointing down), ICM wants it in a slanted position - w/o telling whether a forward or backwards slant. Any information?

Presuming that the engine block was not painted OD, I wonder what color it was, besides black air filter and similar parts.

Finally: I want my cab doors open(ing), but can't find photos of the hinges, especially the upper ones - where should I look?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Two things to google, CCKW rear axles and Studebaker US6.

The bar pointed to the front to clear the rear axle drive shaft.

Pictures of a Studebaker engine can be seen in the link. The color looks grey to me, but there are pictures of a restored struck you can look at.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 11:17 PM UTC
I guess the upper hinge can't be seen from outside :

2 walkarounds

Engine pics :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZaEVBtyDfg

H.P.
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:41 PM UTC
Thanks a lot and especially merci beaucoup - just what I'd been looking for!
Peter
 _GOTOTOP