_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Best T80 tracks?
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 06:09 PM UTC
Hi all,
while correcting and detailing my AFV Club M40 (www.panzer-modell.de/berichte/m40/m40e.php), I also installed AFV's T80 single link tracks. Which now, after two years, start falling apart on me from track pin fatigue.

So here's my question to all HVSS experts: What replacement T80 tracks should I take for my second try? I promise I won't use liquid plastic cement again.

Help!
Peter
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 08:06 PM UTC
In term of price value and accuracy, I say the Kaizen T80 tracks.

Though, it has way more steps to do than other T80 track, take a lot of time, as they try to mimic the actual production of the track (which is the selling point for me personally). It is resin track with metal pins. The glued parts are in the middle of the track so it likely won't fall apart by time. So you probably won't have any problem. My main concern with it is the low to no stock almost everywhere.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 10:43 PM UTC
My go to is Friule. They are simple to assemble and are very durable.
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In term of price value and accuracy, I say the Kaizen T80 tracks.

Though, it has way more steps to do than other T80 track, take a lot of time, as they try to mimic the actual production of the track (which is the selling point for me personally). It is resin track with metal pins. The glued parts are in the middle of the track so it likely won't fall apart by time. So you probably won't have any problem. My main concern with it is the low to no stock almost everywhere.

I like the Kaizen tracks, the detail is great and they are workable and they are half the price of Friulmodel.

Mark
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 09:48 AM UTC
Thank you, guys, I think I'll try and get Kaizen T80's.
Peter
 _GOTOTOP