_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M-ATV conversion
carguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:38 PM UTC
Thought about building the Panda kit after seeing the Pro Art interior.

It appears I'm looking for something long gone.
True?

WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 02:50 PM UTC
Jack, I am afraid that is the case. One pops up on eBay every now and then. It is expensive if the entire set can be found. Nearly everything can be found on Shapeways that was contained in the ProArt set. Mike Goldberg does most of the radios and intercom while Ettore Galasso does some exterior parts. There are a ton of photos here in Armorama of the set being used. Much of it could be scratch built by studying those photos.

Regards,

Eric
carguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 03:44 PM UTC
thank you
I did go to shapeways and found his parts. I've bought lot's of auto things in the highest resolution because it's worth the money. These parts are "the smoothest plastic" a term new to me. How does that compare with extreme ultra detail or just FUD? There are two different radio shown. Would the vehicles simply have one or the other or both for reasons I know nothing about
Between the left over kits out there. Is there a consensus of the one to get? Don't know the subject so any push towards the right product is appreciated.
thanx everyone
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 06:27 PM UTC
If I'm right, and I'm probably not, it's an either/or case. You either have the SINCGARS, or the VRC-110 in the M-ATV. When looking for pictures and information to draw up the VRC-111, I didn't really find much on it being used. Mostly the 110 and most often the SINCGARS. I think it would be the VRC-84, right? I think for intercoms, the VIC-5 would be the right set with the VRC-110.

With regards to material names, I think you might have ordered the parts in the "right" material. Shapeways just changed their whole naming convention. The "Smooth" plastic is the same as the Frosted Detail plastics I think. Smoothest is probably the same as Frosted Extreme Detail.

Also, for M-ATVs, I think there's still only 2 1/35 kits out there: 1 by Kinetic and 1 by Panda. From what I've read, both are accurate shapewise but Kinetic is overscale by a noticable amount when placed side-by-side with the Panda kit. The Panda kit isn't too bad to assemble but nonetheless, it's a Panda kit and pretty hard to assemble (from on going experience with that one). Panda includes no interior whatsoever except the bare bones to call it that. Kinetic provides some interior stuffs. I'm sure there are more significant differences but I can't remember them.
carguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 12:46 AM UTC
Well then...time to order. Seriously thanks for taking the time to guide a novice in this subject. I found the great thread with the electronics and cabling defined. My couple of Live resin ATV's project, just doubled in every way...
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 02:26 AM UTC
Jack, which M-ATV are you looking at? Panda has released three versions of their kit. The first is an M1240 (PH35001) with an OGPK turret, the second has a CROWS II turret (PH35007) in place of the OGPK. The third and newest option is the Panda M1240A1 kit which just came out. It has some updates but I have yet to see one of those cracked open and reviewed. Some of the parts Ettore released on Shapeways are included in that kit, PH35027. I have one of the earlier kits and the ProArt interior. It is going to be quite a project. The interior is quite complex. If you don't feel up to the interior you can always do it with the doors closed. Just make sure you tint the windows yellow, not green.

Regards,

Eric
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 04:05 AM UTC
Jack,
Don't forget the Anti-IED system to go inside the vehicle. Shapeways also has the DUKE system.

If you are talking about my thread about radios and cables, thanks for the comment. I need to finish it up and submit it as an article for the sight. If I am not mistaken, I think my last update to it was about the anti-IED systems. I still need to add the DVE(Drivers Vision Enhance) system and all the different antennas.
Just remember your antenna to system ratio.
carguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 08:00 AM UTC
It all starts so innocently. This is supposed to be a simple background piece for my twin ATV's that should arrive tomorrow. I bought the Panda 35001 version so I would have an excuse to buy the live resin remote twin gun mount. Fiction or real, it's one of the coolest things I've seen. Then while searching for the pro art kit, I saw a WIP using the proart kit and the WOW factor it gives to the interior. That led to maybe posing the Panda kit with the doors open. So maybe the ATV's are coming back to a hidden shade area which led me to those awesome trees you can get from Thailand off ebay. I think I'm in it for $400 so far....including the radio/anti-IED stuff from shapeway. Good thing these live resin kits were 20% off! I saved 25 bucks or so and now need a case to keep it all clean
carguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:30 PM UTC
I did receive the 3d printed parts from Shapeway. Soaked them, dried them and spray bombed them with Mr finisher 1500 out of the can. These are absolutely beautiful. Have no fear, these have no print lines and the detail is fantastic. Well worth the price A++ quality
 _GOTOTOP