_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Looking for opinions on Mk1 Camo Pattern
mmarchioli
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 03:43 PM UTC
Hi guys!

I am working on a Takom Mk1 female tank. I have just started painting the camo. I finished the first side in a four color masked scheme, not really intending to be historically accurate. I just want it to look good. Before I move on, i was hoping to get some advise on how this looks and how it could be better.

This is one of those time when I want some honest feedback, but please keep in mind, I'm not a rivet counter and am not trying to be 100% accurate.

Thanks for the help!
Mike
Halbcl2
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hi Mike. I suspect the dearth of replies may be due to your stated lack of interest in historical accuracy. There is nothing inappropriate about that - after all, the hobby is about enjoying one's self. But I think it leaves observers wondering what they could possibly comment on, other than the paint application . . . which looks fine to me.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 01:21 PM UTC
Just make it filthy. Look at period photos--the all-round track design carried dirt onto the upper surfaces, and it cascaded down the sides and onto the roofs of the sponsons. Pattern camouflage was soon discontinued because it quickly became invisible once the vehicle left paved roads.
 _GOTOTOP