_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of armor/AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy 1/35 Merkava Mk.III what if
twong529
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:05 AM UTC
This will be done as a futuristic sci fi what if. I got the inspiration from an image I found online.

I added the ERA blocks and 105mm main gun from the ESCI M60 IDF Blazer kit. I still need to add the ERA blocks to the forward part of the upper hull. Lots of other stuff to add especially the IDF DROID, SATCOM antenna, mine roller, secondary weapons with GPK shields and the DUKE antenna suite.

I was thinking of adding slat armor as well but don't want to deal with all that PE. Hopefully I can find a donor kit that has plastic slat armor.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:09 AM UTC
Looks like you have a fair number of parts to add
I would get the upper and lower hull assembled before adding too much of the small parts to the upper hull. Makes handling easier and avoids unnecessary breakage of fragile parts.
/ Robin
twong529
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 06:09 AM UTC
Hi Robin, I have a long way to go before adding all those other bits and pieces. I am just figuring out what I want to add and where. So far only the Blazer armor is glued to the turret. The main gun is just resting on the turret.

Here are the Duke antennas and DROID held on with Silly Putty. Test fitting to see if I like the locations I put them at. The DROID sits pretty high because I am adding a gun shield kit to the TC's hatch and I need the DROID to sit higher than the shield. The slat armor is also held on with Silly Putty.
ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 316 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 06:30 AM UTC
I Love what-if stuff... I have a few projects on the list to do as well... I have an MRAP I want to make into a Boston PD SWAT vehicle - post apocalypse... inspired by the one on Fear the Walking Dead
twong529
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi Ted, that FTWD MRAP is pretty cool! Hope to see your build soon.

Here is another what if I am working on. I haven't started the Batmobile yet but I got most of the upper part of the Secutor built. I am going to try to mount it on the roof. The Batmobile is slightly smaller than an HMMWV but the Secutor looks really big sitting on top of an HMMWV so not sure how this is going to work.

_GOTOTOP