_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Who has built one Dragons Early Pzkfw IV A-D?
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 04:16 PM UTC
Which of the Dragon Models early Panzer IVs, A through D, had the road wheels with separate tires? What was the kit # and what was the sprue number of the tires?

I am trying to order the tires for the DAK Pzkfw IV. That kit has two sets of road wheels that come in the kit. There is one early set and one late set, but no tires for the early tireless roadwheels. The instructions mistakenly tell you to use the late roadwheels with molded on tires.
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:23 AM UTC
No access to my stash right now but the one kit i am sure had the tires separate was the E kit, and they came loose in a bag on the card you used to get in all dragon kits.

Just checked they were separate in ausf c, ausf d and ausf e kits
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10048918
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 344 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 01:20 AM UTC
Hi Greg,

I have the following dragon pz.IV kits, all come with the separate tires (in a bag), magic tracks and the early style sprocket:

Dragon 6747: Ausf. A
Dragon 6291: Ausf. C
Dragon 6265: Ausf. D

Tristar had a Pz.IV wheel set (with separate tires).

I think the most recent Dragon kit to be released with the separate tires was the up armored Ausf. A (Dragon 6816).

All of these kits are out of production, but you can find them on ebay, at model shows, etc.

Good luck,
Nate

TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 03:20 PM UTC
Thanks guys! I closely checked and the "A" sprue is the same for all 3 kits and it is the same for the 6779 kit so the tires from any of the three kits would work for the DAK model "D". Great news!
Next is to remember when ordering tires there are 32 for the roadwheels plus the spare road wheel tires.
 _GOTOTOP